1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phillips DSR704/6.4 power outage A servere error occurred etc. call after 3 hrs

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by Ilovetorecord2, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Ilovetorecord2

Ilovetorecord2 New Member

Mar 21, 2000
    South San...
    It states to leave the recorder plugged in and connected to the phone line while it attempts to repair itself. Do not unplug or restart the recorder, call CC after 3 hours.

I had applied the slices to this unit since I lost the locals on it with the recent upgrade by Directv. The phone line was/is not plugged in but I had tried it with and without since I got this message with no luck past these screen which is green a color I had not seen on the directivo with a error message.

I had rebooted this directivo before this had happened without any problem but apparently this am there was a power outage and this has caused this problem on this directivo. My other units are a R10 and a HR24 which of course do not have this problem.

Not sure what else to do. I had my units (2 or them) hacked for the ability to transfer recordings to each other or to my pc and when I had problems with pixelation and then finally the 6.4 upgrade knocked out local channels I replaced one with the HR24.

Not sure what to try next. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. Ilovetorecord2

Ilovetorecord2 New Member

Mar 21, 2000
    South San...
    Problem fixed. The directivo rebooted and the error screen went away. Patience grasshopper.

3. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Active Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    Get a UPS.