1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phillips DSR6000 DirecTivo Random Reboot

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by WmColwell, Nov 20, 2012.

1. WmColwell

WmColwell New Member

Jan 3, 2008
    I have a pair of (gracefully) aging DSR6000 DirecTivos. They have worked wonderfully for about 10 years UNTIL THIS WEEK. The HDDs have been updated a few times but motherboard is solid.

Since about November 11 or 12th both my Tivos are rebooting at random intervals. This happens when recording or playing back programs. Temperature level is not out of the normal operating range. Signal strength is in the low 90's to upper 80's.

I forced a daily call an reboot with no change in symptoms.

When I started to froth my wife dialed up DirecTv and put them on (last night). They tell me they are aware of the problem which their engineers are currently working on. No ETA on a fix.

At least they did acknowledge the problem and did not try to sell me another unit.

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    Just heard from my DirecTV contacts and the problem has hopefully been fixed. Tivo engineers made some tweaks to the Advance Program Guide (APG) stream, so no software update is required. Note that you may experience one more reset until the new APG data fully downloads to your Tivo. Keeping my fingers crossed!

3. WmColwell

WmColwell New Member

Jan 3, 2008
    So far this evening both DirecTivos are working like their old selves. Praise be to the software engineers who now get Thanksgiving!

Thanks for the official confirmation.