1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phillips DSR 704 and Hughes S2 HDVR2

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by Ilovetorecord2, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Ilovetorecord2

Ilovetorecord2 New Member

Mar 21, 2000
    South San...
    This units were hacked to 6.2 but not up to 6.4. As I mentioned before I have stage 4 lung cancer and cleaning things up for my wife as she has enough to deal with.

I found someone interested in them but they want them to be in an unhacked condition which I cannot recall.

Do I do a clear and delete and phone in the phone line to update? I have some 40 g drives that should be the original but not sure which drive goes to what unit or it does not matter if I do a clear and delete but the software version on the 40 g is old so plugging in the phone line would it update to what is needed.

Sorry fellows, I just keep getting problems thrown at me, my car's radiator blew and I might have ruined the engine which really sucks, as my mechanic knew this so I am going to ask him why did he not fix it because the circumstances I was in I could not park I was on a freeway and the thermoter were up and then down and when traffic stopped for some time it went up and then blew. Earlier the car has sat for 35 minutes so since it went hot after that time I did not know how long I would have to park and there was not a exit in sight.

I would appreciate any input on the tivos as I am trying to visit a family member and that will cost me a bungle but I have not seen a few relatives for 5 years so I thought I would one more time.

Thanks, Patrick

2. ADent

ADent Active Member

Jan 7, 2000
    Denver, CO
    Used to be a couple of calls could initiate a download of the latest software. I haven't looked in awhile.

If you want to restore completely DVRupgrade sells the InstantCake CDs for $40 per model.

It might be cheaper to buy a unit off eBay or ask around here for an old unit. Sounds like with the rebooting issue, some more units might be available soon.

This thread might pay off too: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=388695&page=36 .

3. ADent

ADent Active Member

Jan 7, 2000
    Denver, CO