1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Person of Interest - S3E5 - Razgovor (10/22/13)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Maui, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Maui

Maui Major Lee Oblivious

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    I thought this episode deserves its own thread. It was the best episode of the season so far and not only featured Shaw but gave us a little background on the character.

It was a great episode.

Shah had a little character growth (and kicked a lot of ass)
    Detective Carter got the drop on her partner.
    Reese had a fight with the main HR bad guy.

And lastly Root makes a brief but impactful appearance at the end of the episode ("Did you miss me? We're going to have so much fun together.")

This episode was firing on all cylinders.

2. pendragn

pendragn Active Member

Jan 21, 2001
    Ames Iowa
    I think Sarah Shahi (Shaw) has done a great job of adopting Reese's cold demeanor for her character. She's been a much better fit than I thought she would.

tk

3. andyw715

andyw715 Active Member

Jul 31, 2007
    This last episode I said to myself she does Reese better than Reese, right after walking away from her save at the beginning of the show.

4. pendragn

pendragn Active Member

Jan 21, 2001
    Ames Iowa
    I may have mentioned this in another thread. If so, I apologize.

I've seen Jim Caviezel in a bunch of things. I know he has range. The actor that plays Finch is from Iowa so one of the local station's news did a special interest story on him. They showed some behind the scenes footage from the episode last season in the hotel. In one of those they were filming Reese walking down a hallway, they yelled "cut" and Caviezel broke into a huge smile and started laughing. It was incredibly jarring. He does Reese's cold, deadpan, demeanor so well that seeing him laugh and smile just really stood out. He does the role that well.

tk

5. Gunnyman

Gunnyman Just a boring dude

Jul 10, 2003
    !Texas
    Fantastic episode and I love that Sarah Shahi is a regular.
    "I'm only in it for the dog"
    She's a great addition to the cast.

6. TampaThunder

TampaThunder Active Member

Apr 8, 2003
    Tampa, FL
    Agree with all the Sarah Shahi love. Been a big fan of hers since The L Word and Life. This show kicked it up a notch when she was added to the cast.

7. caslu

caslu Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Favorite episode to date, right next to the one where Shaw was introduced. I know the character probably wouldn't work as the main focus but Sarah Shahi is such a great addition to the cast, I want Shaw to get her own show... maybe "Person of Interest: Miami" :)

8. Gunnyman

Jul 10, 2003
    !Texas
    shush, everyone knows show runners read here :D
    Don't make any changes to POI.

9. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I fell on the floor laughing when the girl Jen pokes her and said, "I thought you were a robot".

It is mighty convenient how all the numbers are in the Greater New York City area.

10. Gunnyman

Jul 10, 2003
    !Texas
    Sarah Shahi has the character down. I love the hug at the end of the episode. At first she's very uncomfortable doing it then Jen says she's hurting her. Just great.

11. Fahtrim

Fahtrim New Member

Apr 12, 2004
    Missouri
    My only peeve with this awesome episide, and this is typical of hollyweird, is that Reese's "fight" with the HR cop was competitive.

Um, Reese is this total bad@$$ that nobody can touch and can take out all guards and all comers with ease, but this cop guy can suddenly hold his own with a special ops best in the world killer.........sure

other than that typical hollyweird stupidity, it was great episode and continues to be a great show

12. jkbird59

jkbird59 Member

Feb 18, 2005
    I got the impression that Reese was just toying with him to inflict more pain.

13. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    The way that scene with Reese and the HR guy was shot was a little confusing at the end. When the cop cars showed up, was Reese still there? Did the HR guy get arrested?

14. MPSAN

MPSAN Active Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Portland,...
    OK, dumb question.

Did they EVER say what HR stood for?

15. philw1776

philw1776 Active Member

Jan 19, 2002
    Seacoast NH
    A play on Human Resources

16. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    Reese disappeared in the split second it took the HR guy to look towards the sirens. Ninja!!

They didn't arrest HR guy (as far as we know). There's no proof that he'd done anything wrong. He's a cop on the scene; probably said he was driving by during his off hours and saw something suspicious. Carter hasn't given anyone her proof yet.

17. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    My thinking is that Reese was holding back in order to, a) assess Simmon's skills, and more importantly, b) keep him busy so he can't call in extra help (or go himself) to stop Shaw from getting the girl.

Reese disappeared when the patrol car showed up and I don't think there's any reason they would have arrested Simmons.

It is also the same way that Reese got Fusco to work for him.

18. MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    Person of Interest has been really good this season - allowing for TV suspension of reality. These last two episodes have been great.

I did figure out in the 2nd segment that the hubby was alive last week.
    Maybe Carrie could have learned from "root" how to handle Thorazine.

Now we have a young ward to check back in with and add to the team as one more Harold's Angel. :D

What hit me at the beginning was that writers had no idea that it would turn out that the real activities of the NSA would be disclosed and make "The Machine" look 2nd rate.

Hey, if the machine can send 9 digit SSNs, how about it add a 1 or -1 at the end to say whether the number is for a victim or perp? :p No mystery. Show over.

19. MPSAN

MPSAN Active Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Portland,...
    That was all I could think of, but thought they wanted some other name.

20. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    Speaking of that... I'm so glad that she wasn't stupid enough to not realize what the deal was with him; I'm pretty sure there wasn't a single viewer who didn't make him right off the bat. :)