1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PBS' Nova 11/13/13 - Cold Case JFK

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by pdhenry, Nov 15, 2013.

1. pdhenry

pdhenry Safety Pin

Feb 27, 2005
    PA
    Anybody watch this?

The show uses modern-day forensics to examine the shooting of JFK, including the "single bullet" theory and the possibility of a grassy knoll shot.

The Warren Commission's conclusions are shown to be consistent with the evidence. Very interesting to see the use of modern techniques to examine the various theories.

I don't recall them evaluating the firing rate issue other than to mention it and then to say that the analysis is consistent with all shots coming from the book depository location.

Science, *****! :D

2. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
  3. markp99

markp99 TakoKichi TCF Club

Mar 21, 2002
    Nashua, NH
    I was surprised by the lack of damage to the jacketed bullet when shot thru 46 1in pine boards. I would have expected significant deformation. Surprised to see it penetrated that far as well.

4. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Haven't watched this ep yet, but there have been zillions of other shows that have done essentially what you're talking about... I remember seeing sharpshooters with the Carcano (?) rifle many times trying to fire off that many shots.

Though I admit the scientific description of the 'magic bullet' will be interesting. That's one that I seem to remember that even other scientific shows had a hard time with.