1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PBS Newshour Weekend

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by Lenonn, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Lenonn

Lenonn Member TCF Club

May 30, 2004
    I've been recording PBS NewsHour Weekend and have been using a Season Pass (the show is half an hour on Saturdays and half an hour on Sundays). I've noticed that it hasn't been recording the Sunday episode. The listings show that the Sunday episode is a rerun of the Saturday episode, despite the fact Sunday is a different episode.

For anyone recording the show, you may need to check your listings and account for this. I have no idea if it is a national problem or just with our local PBS station (WETA out of Arlington, Virginia).

2. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Do they use the exact same title for both days' shows?

'Cause whenever "ABC Evening News, with x" changes x, the TiVo thinks it's an entirely different show.

3. Lenonn

Lenonn Member TCF Club

May 30, 2004
    Nope, PBS Newshour Weekend uses the same same title for both days. Looking at the episode guide (for this weekend's episodes), both have the same episode data, except for the fact that the Sunday episode has the (R) added to it indicating a rerun. Except it isn't a rerun.

4. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Change the season pass to tell it to record all Newshour Weekend episodes, including re-runs.

Since they don't re-run, you won't get any space used on duplicates.