1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Pause" Problem on Recorded Programs

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by hanknjoyce, Sep 9, 2012.

1. hanknjoyce

hanknjoyce New Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Custer SD
    When I am recording 2 programs (usually sports), "pause" one, go to the other and go back to the first one, I do not get a "resume" at the spot I paused, but the program wants to completely restart.
    Is there a software fix for this? Or am I missing something in setup?

2. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Active Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    There does seem to be a poblem when doing this through the NPL. The best way to do this with two programs currently being recorded is through "live" TV. That's how I watch 2 football games in progress. I "speed watch" one until I catch up with reality, swap tuners, do the same on the other game, swap back. Repeat until the games are over. Actually, today I added periodic checks on a baseball game being recorded on another Premiere that is in a different room.

Crud. The Premiere in my room just spontaneously rebooted.

3. rahnbo

rahnbo Active Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Florida
    It's an annoyance that's been around since the S2 possibly earlier. Even more annoying if you haven't encountered it yet is when you go back to watch the other paused show it says it couldn't record it even though it did then you have to back out and resume playing again and it plays (sometimes at the right spot and sometimes at the beginning). Don't know of a solution just piling on :)

4. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Active Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    I forgot one thing. I pause the one I am watching prior to doing the swap.