1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pause 57 - stuck in loop? Help!

Discussion in 'DVD TiVo Units (Archive)' started by crosley123, Jun 3, 2006.

1. crosley123

crosley123 New Member

Jun 3, 2006
    Based on some recommendations here after my Toshiba DVD/TiVo stopped working, I did the "Pause 57" boot. Seemed to work fine - got the green screen of defrag or whatever it is doing.

Problem is it only stays on the green screen for less than one minute and then it tries to reboot. Then back to green screen. Then reboot. Never stops. Let it run for 10 hours overnight and it is still doing it. Finally unplugged it.

Any suggestions? I know there are other codes out there to reinstall, etc. but I do not want to lose my programs or make the issue worse.

Heeeeeeeeeeeelp! :)

2. funtoupgrade

funtoupgrade New Member

Mar 15, 2005
    Sounds like drive is either bad or going bad, and if that is the case then it may be too late to save your recordings or season passes. If I were you I would buy either a blank or pre-imaged replacement hard drive (depending on your level ease with doing it yourself per instructions in stickies at top of upgrade forum). If you bought a pre-imaged drive you could just pop it in and see if it works. If so, then you will have to decide whether it is worth the trouble and/or expense to try and recover stuff from the old drive. Without knowing what you intend to do about the problem it is hard to give specific advise.

3. crosley123

crosley123 New Member

Jun 3, 2006
    What I would like to do is save the drive I have. :)

It seems other people have had success with the 'Pause 57' advice. Didn't seem to work for me as the Green screen never stayed on for more than one minute.

Any other codes out there I could try?