1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parks and Recreation "The Debate" S4E20 OAD 4/26/12

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by tiams, Apr 27, 2012.

1. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    That is a real twitter feed. They set that up months ago and gave it a whole life. It's a good read and has a surprise ending after the debate. https://twitter.com/#!/munchmeat2015

Amy Poehler wrote this episode.

2. YCantAngieRead

YCantAngieRead Not Entirely Current

Nov 5, 2003
    This was the first episode where the Ann/Tom subplot didn't make me want to poke my eyes out.

I am sad, though, that they seem to have shut the door on Ann/Rob Lowe's character.

That being said, this show continues to just be amazing.

3. KungFuCow

KungFuCow Thread Killer

May 6, 2004
    I want one of those lap dances from April.

4. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    I missed this show so much!

5. DreadPirateRob

DreadPirateRob Seriously?

Nov 11, 2002
    SoCal
    What a great ep. Amy Poehler is so awesome - she wrote, directed, and obviously starred in it.

6. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Great ep. I was surprised at how well Bobby Newport came across, since previous episodes made him seem like a complete dope. I mean, he is a complete dope, but somehow he was able to charm the audience and not come across as completely dopey. That shows great writing by Poehler.

7. Ment

Ment Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    'Steak n Shake'..yeah I like! :)

8. Dignan

Dignan _

Jan 27, 2002
    _
    I thought they might go with Being There and make Bobby more zen. I'm glad they didn't.

The Andy movie recreations were really funny, he was so wired doing those scenes.

9. KungFuCow

KungFuCow Thread Killer

May 6, 2004
  10. lambertman

lambertman To see you, Nice

Dec 20, 2002
    Indianapolis...
    Don't expect eye contact.

11. Fish Man

Fish Man Phish Food

Mar 4, 2002
    0.7 miles...
    I liked that too.

I also found it very interesting that he was joyous about the debate being over, and while he seemed aware that Leslie had resoundingly kicked his ass, he was OK with it.

My take is that he's not very bright, happy go lucky, and is only running for council because daddy told him to. He really doesn't care if he wins or loses. I was left with the impression that if it weren't for his dad pulling his strings, he'd be a dim, but good hearted and likable guy.

12. trainman

trainman Nice to see you

Jan 29, 2001
    Sherman...
    The scene with Ron Swanson climbing the pole to steal cable was shot a few months ago in the same vacant lot where they used to film the "pit" scenes. They put up three fake poles that are quite a bit shorter than the legitimate poles in the area (which you could see in the background in one of the camera angles).

I was a little disappointed that they didn't use the Kabletown name for Pawnee's cable system.

13. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    That would have been all kinds of win.

14. jpcamaro70

jpcamaro70 New Member

Nov 23, 2011
    I said it before and i'll say it again, Parks continues to be my fav sitcom. Better than my long time fav's, office, 30 rock, rules of engagement (this one is close though).

I just love anne perkins and ron. April and ??? are hilarious. Awesome show.

15. Regina

Regina I've got Jewbs!

Mar 29, 2003
    Indiana
    I loved Ron singing "Wichita Lineman" and how he hugged the pole when he heard a police siren...:eek: priceless!

I also loved how excited Bobby was to have made it through the debate-"Party at my dad's lake house!" :D:p

16. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    Yeah, cause stuff like that has never happened in real life... ;)

17. TonyD79

TonyD79 Active Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    His campaign manager said it. All he has to do is not completely fail. Worked for W. His expectations were so low that he won by not screwing up.

18. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    While I appreciated the humor of that scene, I'd think that it would be more in Ron's character to climb to the roof of the house, hook up an OTA antenna, and say, "There, free television".

19. TonyD79

TonyD79 Active Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    What if the debate were only on cable?

20. sfenton

sfenton Member

Feb 8, 2004
    Acworth Ga
    I think it is more that he knows it doesn't matter at all what he says or does - Daddy will fix it.

Have we seen Daddy?