1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parks and Recreation -- London Trip 1&2 S06E01/S06E02 -- OAD 6/26/2013

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by jsmeeker, Sep 26, 2013.

1. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    YAY!! It's back

Over the summer, I binge watched seasons 1-4 in like a week. And just finished Season 5 this past week.

Glad the show is back. Just knew Leslie was sending Ron to Lagavulin. That was cool. Will we see Andy in London for three months? Or does he just not appear on screen?
  2. JohnB1000

JohnB1000 Active Member

Dec 6, 2004
    Didn't record, the. DTV app has stated to fail me. :(
  3. billypritchard

billypritchard Embiggener

May 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    He's filming marvel movie 'Guardians of the Galaxy', so we probably won't see much of him. Also explains his new buff body.
  4. billypritchard

billypritchard Embiggener

May 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    Fantastic first episode of the season. Andy and British Andy were great. Ron got married in the first five minutes and it made Leslie awesomely crazy.

And I was proud of Jean-Ralphio for actually being truthful. 'Trophys can be booooouuuuugggghhhht.'
  5. whitson77

whitson77 New Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Loved seeing it back. Great show!
  6. uncdrew

uncdrew Annie 2.0

Aug 6, 2002
    Down South
    Whoa, didn't know it was back. I'm stoked.

Such a good show. Started a bit weak and I was concerned, but last few seasons have been comedy gold.

Ron Swanson!
  7. crowfan

crowfan The Dude abides

Dec 27, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    "History began on July 4, 1776. Everything before that was a mistake."

Love this show, and so glad to see it back. Ron Swanson has some of the best lines on TV.
  8. DreadPirateRob

DreadPirateRob Seriously?

Nov 11, 2002
    A show starting its sixth season has no right still being this awesome. What a fantastic premiere. And, as usual, Ron Effing Swanson gets the best lines:

"Standard birth control methods are typically not effective against a Swanson."

"Don't start chasing applause and acclaim. That way lies madness."
  9. lambertman

lambertman To see you, Nice

Dec 20, 2002
    Seeing some of the London sights I saw two months ago made me happy. Makes me want to go back, but I'll never be able to afford that :)

Loved the show as always. Although Jean-Ralphio's sister could be written out right now please.
  10. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Loved this opening episode. Fun to see the gang in London. I loved that Leslie was so worried about getting back to Pawnee that she was going to fly to Lisbon, then Edinburgh, then Houston, then Cincinnati and then rent a car and get home two hours before her other flight.
  11. Jayjoans

Jayjoans New Member

Jan 22, 2003
    I thought it was nice they worked in the reason why Andy lost so much weight. He cut down on the beer intake.
  12. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    "How much beer were you drinking?"
  13. marksman

marksman ID-10-T

Mar 4, 2002
    Ron Swanson was amazeballs in this episode.

Wish I could have seen his proposal canoe. Also liked when Xena said her middle name was Tammy.
  14. Zevida

Zevida witless and unarmed

Nov 8, 2003
    San Jose, CA
    +1! I was just in London for the first time 2 weeks ago and it was awesome to see them hit all the same places I did and recognize a lot of things. I even went to Stonehenge like Andy! (Though I meant to, unlike Andy. :p)

The opening had me in stitches as Leslie got progressively more worked up about the wedding and Ron just kept his cool. His wife joking about having a middle name Tammy was awesome. Giving Leslie 10 seconds for the speech was great. Then I burst out laughing when Leslie through the ripped up paper on them at the end.

Andy and British Andy were so funny together.

Anne and Chris? Meh.

Tom & Jean Ralphio always gets an A+ from me but I would like his sister to drop off a cliff.

April reading the letter to Leslie was really sweet.
  15. BradJW

BradJW Active Member

Jun 9, 2008
    Fantastic episode (as others have said).

This series has been the most consistent (GOOD) of any comedy I've watched. I even laughed while Jerry was talking to Anne & Chris (while thinking he was wildly inappropriate, and even a little stupid - yet I still laughed).
  16. The Flush

The Flush Anonymous User

Aug 3, 2005
    I thought Tom would talk Jean Ralphio ( or his dad) into running Tommy's Closet, which of course would cause it to fail.
  17. ClutchBrake

ClutchBrake Pass the gravy!

Sep 5, 2001
    Freakin' amazing start to the season. No surprise at all.

I laughed more and harder at these two episodes than every other premiere this season combined.
  18. Sacrilegium

Sacrilegium that weird guy

Dec 14, 2006
    I wonder how many people got a kick out of Ann & Chris' doctor being "Dr. Saperstein."

Explanation of the reference:
    Dr. Saperstein was the doctor from Rosemary's Baby. He was helping to deliver Satan's child for the cult.
  19. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    When Ron said that they were getting married, I don't think I've seen April that animated since... well, ever.