1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parks and Rec 9/20 "Ms Knope Goes To Washington"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by YCantAngieRead, Sep 21, 2012.

1. YCantAngieRead

YCantAngieRead Not Entirely Current

Nov 5, 2003
    It's back!!! Yay!!! And it wasn't a bad episode.

I am exceedingly glad they got rid of the Ann whatsisname story line. I did not care for it at ALL.

And some really fun cameos, too.

2. Donbadabon

Donbadabon Geocacher

Mar 5, 2002
    Franklin, TN
    I agree, glad the Tom/Ann storyline is going away.

Loved how the pig was named Tom. It wasn't a dig at human Tom, it was just his Christian name. lol

3. wprager

wprager Active Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Ottawa, Canada
    I was sad that this is the beginning of the end.

There won't be any !&^ *@&*@# vegetables!

4. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    Beginning of the end? Is it ending?

5. DreadPirateRob

DreadPirateRob Seriously?

Nov 11, 2002
    SoCal
    There has been no words that P&R is ending. (Unlike, say The Office or 30 Rock, both of which have announced this is their final season).

6. trainman

trainman Nice to see you

Jan 29, 2001
    Sherman...
    "Oval Redenbacher" -- I bet there are some other funny outtakes from that scene.

What were all those coats doing in the coat closet in Washington, D.C. in the summer (where, as Leslie pointed out, it's often 120 degrees with 200% humidity)? Of course, I can understand McCain needing one, since he's an old man.

7. wprager

wprager Active Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Ottawa, Canada
    I could have sworn I read that somewhere. To the Googlemobile!

NBC Will Reportedly Gently Cancel 30 Rock, Parks and Recreation, and Community

Perhaps I only read the article title, or didn't re-read it when it was updated. Perhaps we will have season 6 (and a movie) after all.

8. Regina

Regina I've got Jewbs!

Mar 29, 2003
    Indiana
    "Your work is appreciated - Please eat some corn..." :D

9. DreadPirateRob

Nov 11, 2002
    SoCal
    That was written before the renewals were announced (which I believe was a day or two later, like 5/11 or 5/12). The NBC pickups for the Thursday night comedies from last year were:

Parks & Rec with a full 22-ep pickup
    Community with a 13-ep pickup (and a move to Friday which was announced later)
    The Office with either a 13 or 16-ep pickup (can't remember) for a final season
    30 Rock with a 13-ep pickup for a final season.

Now, given Community and P&R's dismal ratings over the years, it wouldn't be a surprise if either were cancelled, especially since the NBC head has announced he wants "broader" comedies (i.e. most of the dreck on CBS), but no decisions have been made as to either at this point.

10. YCantAngieRead

Nov 5, 2003
    I was wondering that, too.

By the way, it took two watchings to realize Leslie wouldn't have realized it was McCain behind her. :eek:

Ron Swanson just rules. The end.

11. cherry ghost

cherry ghost Active Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Chicago

The Office got a full 22

12. DreadPirateRob

Nov 11, 2002
    SoCal
    Ah, thanks for that. I googled it earlier but could not seem to find the answer.

13. billypritchard

billypritchard Embiggener

May 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    I watched this episode, even though I'm only a few episodes into Season 4 on Netflix. I figured I couldn't get too spoiled, and I was right.

I liked the Leslie/DC stuff, but the Ron stuff wasn't too interesting. Except for him driving off with the smoker, that was very funny.

I also laughed at Ann's 'Sparkle Skin', patent pending.

14. crowfan

crowfan The Dude abides

Dec 27, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    I read somewhere (TV Line, I think) that one of the show people said that they had a ton more of Chris Pratt going around DC making stuff up and that it would probably end up on the DVDs.

15. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    are there goodwills in DC? thats where andy could have gotten his pants

i'm assuming those were real senators? hope they were properly compensated..especially the tall staffers :)

i definitely want a permit like that when i go to do stuff. very well written and no doubt about what is allowed and isnt.

16. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I think that with The Office and 30 Rock ending this season, and Community being very unlikely to get past this season due to being on Friday, and Whitney and Up All Night being kind of surprising renewals from last season, and several of the new comedies getting horrible reviews, I wouldn't be surprised if P&R got another season just to keep some continuity for NBC's comedy lineup. It's very hard for a network to launch too many shows at once, and they're already almost guaranteed to have three spots to fill next fall, and probably much more.

17. TonyD79

TonyD79 Active Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    Yes. They have goodwill around DC.

Yes. They were real senators. All three. I think that that ha to be pointed out is kinda sad.

18. YCantAngieRead

Nov 5, 2003
    I knew McCain, of course, but the other two, while I definitely recognized, would have to search for names. They are a little less high profile.

19. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    who keeps up with what politicians look like..certainly not me...i actually dont wanna know what any of them look like. but we all have our hobbies. :)

20. GTuck

GTuck ClownPrinceofCrime

May 23, 2004
    Livonia, MI
    The Ron stuff wasn't good?

Jerry: "What do we have to drink?"

Ron: "There's beer in the cooler"

Jerry: "What about for the children?"

Ron: "You can get water from that water fountain and use it to water down the beer"