1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

parks and rec 2 21 13

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by newsposter, Feb 25, 2013.

1. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    i cannot stand the dentist councilman but i guess thats the idea. and before today i didnt know that ann was the daughter of quincy jones..today's her birthday

ron doing the rings was priceless, i wish we could have seen ann's reaction to the wall being torn though. i wonder what happens if this park ever gets built, i guess they can move onto another project?

i havent seen many rob lowe movies but somehow this just seems embarrassing for me to watch.

2. Hoffer

Hoffer Captain Chaos

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    I love that dentist guy. Might be because he is Jon on "Delocated" and I love that guy. :) He was a pretty big jerk at that wedding though.

3. Hank

Hank AC•FTW

May 31, 2000
    Boston, MA
    I felt really bad for Andy failing the exam.

4. newsposter

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    i guess because it would take him out of city hall they couldnt have him get another job. though they could have made him stuck behind a desk and always in city hall, dying to get out

i wish lucy was on this show more. ron probably misses her too.

5. TonyD79

TonyD79 Active Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    The show ends.

6. Turtleboy

Turtleboy Well-Known Member TCF Club

Mar 24, 2001
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Didn't Ron also repair the hole in the wall?

7. Zevida

Zevida witless and unarmed TCF Club

Nov 8, 2003
    San Jose, CA
    Yes, in the montage they showed him patching the wall. That was a great part. Especially when he said (something like) "People who buy stuff are idiots."

I liked the second episode better than the first. The wedding was sweet, but a little silly. I also missed the week before, when they were planning whatever event they were at, so that might have meant I missed the build up.

8. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    The idea of the wedding happened only in the last minute or two of the previous episode. They decided to actually do it and then that was kind of the cliffhanger.

9. billypritchard

billypritchard Embiggener

May 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    One reason I find P&R so successful is their creation of a fully-formed Pawnee world. The scenes at the Sweetums charity work because we know Sweetums. We know Ponch Burger, the Navapoke (?) tribe, etc... And don't forget Eagleton.

I suppose it is very 'Simpsons' in that way. What would Springfield be like without Shelbyville?

10. trainman

trainman Nice to see you

Jan 29, 2001
    Sherman...
    I couldn't get any good shots of the banquet tent as it was set up in the lot across the street, but here's a Pawnee fire engine that was very briefly seen on screen in the previous episode (and the red vehicle on the street beyond is a Pawnee Fire Department battalion chief's truck):

[​IMG]

The scenes taking place on the vacant lot/inside the tent were shot November 6-8.

11. TonyD79

TonyD79 Active Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    Cool.

12. TonyD79

TonyD79 Active Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    Great point.

A big reason why My Name is Earl worked too. We knew the town.

13. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I got a quick shot from my car of the tent and posted it on Facebook back in November.

[​IMG]

14. newsposter

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    i wonder how much it costs to set up something like that tent and all the stuff inside it. i realize it's not a full wedding going on but still there have to be tables and chairs and then all those people. or do they not get paid since they dont speak?

15. wouldworker

wouldworker _

Sep 7, 2004
    MA, USA
    Around here (Boston area) a tent that size (I'm guessing 60' x 30') costs about $1,000 to rent. Tables are $8-$17 (depending on size) and chairs are $1.50-$7 (from crappy folding chairs to nice upholstered chairs). I doubt that the cost of setting up that tent was even noticed in the budget.

16. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    Is Pawnee Common supposed to be the same park that was featured in Season 1?

17. billypritchard

May 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    It is indeed. Lot 48.

18. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    Then what happened to all of the people from Season 1 who absolutely, positively did not want a park there?

19. billypritchard

May 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    4 years and a bunch of episodes about Lot 48 have happened since then.

20. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    and this is the same one where they filled in the pit… right? Which was the whole raison d'etre for the show for quite a while?