1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parental Controls must be off? Sick joke?

Discussion in 'TiVo Search Feedback - Beta Release (Archive)' started by Cheezmo, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Cheezmo

Cheezmo New Member

Apr 26, 2004
    Plano, TX
    Seriously,

I would love to use Tivo Search, I am constantly bombarded with Tivo ads about how great it is inserted in my menus, etc. I watch the tutorials, the feature that my Tivo downloaded/recorded to tell me about it, I go to use it and...

You must turn parental controls off?

Why? Looks like a great new feature, but I have kids in the house and want ot use parental controls. It has been like this for ages, figured it was some glitch that would be worked out in beta testing etc., but yet it still persists.

Am I really the only one who cares? Is there a technical reason? It it something that will be fixed?

Aaaarrrrrrggggghhhhhh.

2. peternelson

peternelson New Member

Sep 19, 2005
    I'm in the same boat with my TiVoHD (KidZone turned on, can't use the new search even when I'm using "adult" mode) - but this appears to have been resolved in the past couple weeks. I'm not sure when it was activated, but now I can get the new "beta" search feature.:D