1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pandora

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by apw2607, Aug 26, 2013.

1. apw2607

apw2607 New Member

Nov 16, 2012
    Has anyone have any issues with Pandora on the new base Roamio ? Using Pandora has caused my Roamio to reboot twice. In addition exiting the app seems to take ages to get back to live tv or tivo central.

2. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo New Member

Dec 18, 2002
    I have had this problem too. It's a bug.

3. Peanuthead

Peanuthead New Member

Jul 12, 2004
    Coppell, Texas
    Yep, just got finished installing my S5 and configuring Pandora, Netfix etc.
    I refuse to use the ridiculous name "Roamio".
    Anyway, I started up Pandora and the "Please wait" message was displayed.
    After about 3 minutes I hit the Live TV button and the Tivo rebooted. :mad:
    One good thing, this box reboots in < 1 minute, versus a looong time for the S4's.

4. kulick

kulick New Member

May 13, 2002
    Silicon Valley
    Workaround: if you pause the audio before exiting, you should get out without the crash.

5. Sep 1, 2013 #5 of 16
    DVRMike

DVRMike New Member

Aug 30, 2013
    Pandora on my base Roamio is extremely slow. Selecting a channel displays please wait for about 10 seconds, then going back to the channel list takes about a minute. The app also crashes the whole Tivo causing it to reboot. I contacted both Tivo and Pandora and both claimed they don't know anything about it.

6. Sep 1, 2013 #6 of 16
    markwill

markwill New Member

Aug 28, 2013
    I had my Roamio Plus reboot when playing Pandora.

Mark

7. Sep 1, 2013 #7 of 16
    mvnuenen

mvnuenen ~0.0~

Jun 1, 2007
    Durham, NC
    I only used Pandora for may be 2x30 min but it worked fine on my Roamio so far... Exiting the app did not result in a reboot...

8. Sep 1, 2013 #8 of 16
    dmaneyapanda

dmaneyapanda Member

Jan 16, 2000
    princeton,nj
    Mine didn't crash, but using Pandora caused the UI to freeze for about 20 seconds as well. Trying to exit took a long time, as described above.

9. Sep 2, 2013 #9 of 16
    don129

don129 New Member

Jun 29, 2010
    My base Roamio crashed when trying to delete a Pandora station. If I just let it play after clicking on Pandora, no reboot.

10. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    I've used Pandora a lot with my S5+ and cross-fingers so far no reboots. (I haven't tried adding/removing channels, simply using all channel shuffle mode).

11. JohnnyO

JohnnyO Crimper

Nov 3, 2002
    Twin...
    First time in to Pandora on my new Roamio base, I also had the reboot happen when I tried to exit Pandora by hitting the left arrow on the directional keypad.

12. atmuscarella

atmuscarella Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Rochester NY
    Pandora is flaky on my Roamio also, has not caused a reboot but is not working smoothly.

13. JohnnyO

JohnnyO Crimper

Nov 3, 2002
    Twin...
    I've used Pandora a bit over the last three days and did not suffer from any problems with it.

14. TiVoMargret

TiVoMargret VP Product Dev, TiVo

Feb 2, 2008
    Silicon Valley
    There is a fix for Pandora on Roamio coming shortly. Sorry to those that have experienced a reboot!

(Hopefully this week, probably Monday at the latest.)

15. TiVoMargret

TiVoMargret VP Product Dev, TiVo

Feb 2, 2008
    Silicon Valley
    It looks like the update was released today. Please connect to the TiVo Service so it can download. It will be installed on the next reboot, or automatically at 2am.

16. snoopdogg1

snoopdogg1 New Member

Sep 24, 2008
    I logged in to Pandora on my Roamio Pro and entered the code on my computer. Now I am stuck on a blue screen with Pandora at the top and nothing else. Just a "please wait" message. I have updated several times recently. What is going on with Pandora on TiVo? I just tried Spotify and it doesn't work either.