1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pandora Gone From TiVo Premier- If so, I'm finally Dumping TiVo

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by wphall, Jan 25, 2014.

1. wphall

wphall New Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Hello- Woke up this morning, and TiVo removed Pandora from the music service options.

What happened? It is absolutely gone (as far as I can tell). If TiVo removed Pandora, I am finally soooo done with TiVo and will end my 10+yrs of time with TiVo.

Where did Pandora go?

2. tatergator1

tatergator1 Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    It's likely a display issue. The app was updated by Pandora and the old one removed. From TiVo Central hit the following buttons on your remote:
    Thumbs down, thumbs up, play, play.

This will restart the user interface and thr new Pandora should be visible.

3. cbrunner

cbrunner New Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Restarting my TiVo fixed this for me, in case anyone else is having this problem.

4. celtic pride

celtic pride Member

Nov 8, 2005
    I restarted my tivo but every time i want to use the new pandora app i have to sign in ,as pandora doesnt remember my login,this is a hassle to have to sign in and put my email address every time i want to listen to music.:eek:

5. wphall

wphall New Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Hello- I've restarted 3 times and still don't see it. Is there a special restart sequence?

Thx

6. jgametest

jgametest New Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Assuming you have the latest release of Tivo, this means if you see the OperaTVStore you have the update. You might need to push a connection to TiVo.

Settings, Network, Connect to Tivo.

IF you don't have the new apps, please PM or email me your TSN so I can reach out to Margret for you. Everyone should have received the rollout by now. But some subscribers were seeing delays for the new apps.

John

Jgametest@outlook.com

7. lgnad

lgnad Pantless Mofo

Feb 14, 2013
    Massachusetts
    Nice that it was the opposite of your fears... instead of being gone, its updated :)

Check the software version on your tivo... you should be running 20.3.8. If you have more units,(ignoring older units of course) make sure they are all running this version too

As suggested above, force a call home and then do a regular three thumbs down restart on all of your tivos.

There are two pieces... you have to have 20.3.8 and you have to have it "turned on" on the other end. Most people seem to take a few days to a week to get it turned on after getting the software, but you might have slipped through the cracks as noted above

When you're rocking, you'll get the new Pandora, Netflix and Youtube apps as well as the opera app store and its mostly shovels of <cough> apps.

8. wphall

wphall New Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Howdy- ok, did a phone home and more restarts. Still no luck.

Software version is 20.3.8-01-2-746

Is it ok to send in my tivos id to the email above? It's not a TiVo email address.

Thx

9. jgametest

jgametest New Member

Oct 30, 2013
    I was just offering a different way to reach me, I've helped out a few members sending TSN's over to Margret's Twitter account since she has responded to me more than a few times. I could just let her know that your TSN is on the right roll out, but have not yet seen the apps hit the system. Could be a logic reason behind it, (Backlogged) but won't know until you send a tweet to her.

@tivodesign
    https://twitter.com/tivodesign

10. wphall

wphall New Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Hey jgametest- Thanks for the help. I mis-asked that question&#8230; I should have asked&#8230;

Is it ok to put the TSN out there.. reads like it is. I'll ping you and thank you for the help.

11. Tron59

Tron59 New Member

Feb 1, 2014
    What I found is the the new updates for Pandora, Tivo and Youtube all require the Excruciatingly slooooooowwwwww HD menus. No more Pandora for SD menus. This to is getting very old and I have had TIVO since 1998 and the Premier has been a big disappointment and continues to be. IF TIVO continues to force more apps to HD then here is a suggestion. FIX HD MENU first! Now I have a very fast cable modem and measure download speeds of 25MB/s and upload of 6MB/s and I ask why does it sometime take 1-2 seconds just to go up or down one line in the TIVO central menu???????? How much faster of a connection does one need?

12. lgnad

lgnad Pantless Mofo

Feb 14, 2013
    Massachusetts
    It's the processor in the Premiere, not your connection speed. That's why it's only gotten small performance improvements over the years, small optimizations.

The fix is easy. Get a Roamio.

13. JolDC

JolDC Member

Dec 21, 2001
    Arlington VA
    No, you haven't.

14. CoxInPHX

CoxInPHX COX Communications

Jan 14, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ
    I would not be shocked if the upcoming Spring Premiere update eliminated the SDUI altogether.

15. poppagene

poppagene User

Dec 29, 2001
    I would be shocked and appalled

16. millie

millie New Member

Jul 28, 2011
    Why did TiVo dump Wordsmith? I'm SO disgusted with these arbitrary decisions made by management with NO regard for what the customer wants!

There was no survey! There was no opportunity to vote or weigh in! No one asked ME what I want, or how I feel as a paying customer! We've purchased all the new TiVo boxes, upgrading to keep up with the newest. We've always purchased Lifetime Service to the tune of HUNDREDS of dollars! And yet, when it comes to changing things, TiVo has NEVER asked the end user - us, as customers - what WE'D like to have!

I played Wordsmith EVERY day! I miss it! I want it back. I called Customer Service to voice my complaint. They don't care. They make excuses. They say to go onto TiVo Forum because, supposedly, they listen to what we say. Really? Okay ... then hear THIS customer! Show me you listen! Show me you care what your customers are saying! BRING BACK WORDSMITH!!!

17. davidblackledge

davidblackledge Registered lÜser

Sep 9, 2008
    NM
    Ok, TiVoCommunity is listening ;]

I'm going to start a thread on the Developers Corner to try to remember all the rules of gameplay so I or another of us can build a knockoff game and add it to EnterWebz.tv

18. HarperVision

HarperVision TiVo's Italian Cuz!

May 14, 2007
    Paradise...
    The reason they probably dumped it is because you're probably the only one playing it! Get an iPad or or cheap tablet and download the app and play it on that while you're watching what the TiVo was meant to do at its core......be a DVR to watch, pause and record TELEVISION. Any company will drop a feature or service if they find that no one is using it and it costs valuable budget dollars or processing power to keep it going. :rolleyes:

19. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Active Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    While I doubt it will actually change anything, this is not the TiVo Forum to which they were referring. This is the TiVo Community forum and is not and never was owned or in any way controlled by TiVo.

20. davidblackledge

davidblackledge Registered lÜser

Sep 9, 2008
    NM
    Ok, I just went ahead and did it.
    "WordSmythe" will be available on EnterWebz.tv in about 3 minutes.