1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out of Stock

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by rainwater, Sep 21, 2013.

1. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    It seems TiVo is out of stock of the Minis:

https://tivo.com/shop/mini

I wonder if they are going to do a minor hardware refresh? Otherwise, I don't see why they would be out of stock.

2. jrtroo

jrtroo User

Feb 4, 2008
    Personally, my guess is that Roamios got such a good review in the press they sold more than forecast. Since it comes with DTA, folks with multiple TVs then opted to then purchase more minis than expected.

Just a guess, but I have been certainly thinking about it more since I could then drop a cablecard at $10/month...

3. bradenmcg

bradenmcg Big Geek

Dec 28, 2007
    Mayfield...
    Amazon had them cheaper than Tivo's site. I got two Minis for ~$83 each.

4. jaredmwright

jaredmwright New Member

Sep 5, 2004
    Bay Area
    I just picked one up to try out with my Premiere XL4 in preparation for upgrading to a Roamio in the future.

This is probably the reason since people are going the extender route versus the more significant investment in whole devices that require cable cards and are more complicated to deal with.

5. netw0rks

netw0rks New Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Found my Mini at BestBuy for $49 open box. :D

6. mr_smits

mr_smits New Member

Dec 17, 2009

At $10/month for a cablecard, you should get off the fence and just buy a Mini already. You are getting robbed.

7. jrtroo

jrtroo User

Feb 4, 2008
    I know, but I would also need to get a new tivo as well since i only have 2 tuner boxes. Once streaming works with Android, I'm in.

8. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    I wouldn't hold your breath. It's already been a year since the Stream was released and still no Andorid support.

9. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    The current rumor is November. We're only a month out so we shall see soon.

10. sfm

sfm Member

Oct 3, 2006
    What cracks me up is that, as I type this, the main page on tivo.com is displaying a rather large ad touting the mini with a prominent "Shop Tivo Mini" button and when you click on the button you see a lovely "Currently out of stock but more are on the way" message. What marketing genius at Tivo decided to promote the mini at a time when they have none in stock? Perhaps it is an intentional marketing technique (nothing would surprise me... they market Bluray on bluray disks which I have never understood).

11. CrispyCritter

CrispyCritter Purple Ribbon Wearer

Feb 28, 2001
    North...
    I don't think they expected the overwhelming reception of the Roamio model - TiVo has never had a new product launch as successful as the Roamio (with the possible exception of the original DirecTiVo.) The problems of dealing with unexpected success - something new for TiVo!

12. CoxInPHX

CoxInPHX COX Communications

Jan 14, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ
    It would make sense that the Mini may be getting new packaging and including the new Roamio Remote also.

13. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    The only reason to include the new Roamio remote with the Mini would be if they added RF to the Mini.

14. aristoBrat

aristoBrat Active Member

Dec 30, 2002
    Va Beach, VA
    IMO, it'd be nice if the buttons on the remotes were consistent between the Roamio and the Mini, even if the Mini remote didn't have RF.

15. pillpusher84

pillpusher84 New Member

Jan 19, 2008
  16. KevinG

KevinG Member

Sep 3, 2003
    Mt. Laurel, NJ.
    "We're sorry, the product you have searched for is no longer available for sale.
    However, product information for this product is still available by clicking on the link below."