Those of you following this thread know I've been watching it carefully. Well, I managed to snag a closeout 320GB Premiere to test OTA reception at my location, so I can finally contribute my first-hand experience to the discussion. I've conducted three different experiments in three different scenarios, and below are my results. (Long post warning) First, the receiving environment: Multipath hell. At the bottom of a hill, surrounded by houses and trees, with frequent air traffic overhead or nearly overhead. Distance from towers is roughly 15 miles, with one station 40 miles away. It is worth noting that the trees are not yet full of leaves, so that is one variable that could further complicate matters later in the year. Test 1: Original Series 3 (OLED) vs. Premiere in main viewing room. Antenna is a Winegard SquareShooter and rabbit ears in the attic attached to the respective UHF and VHF inputs of a Channelmaster 7777 preamp. Signal was spit once to allow connection to the TV and Series 3 at the same time. For this test, I moved the antenna connection from the TV tuner to the Premiere. Both the Series 3 and premiere were running simultaneously for direct comparison. Results: Within minutes after completing setup, air traffic could be heard nearby. Both the Premiere and Series 3 were tuned to a channel broadcasting on UHF35. The Series 3 maintained a rock-solid signal despite the air traffic nearby, while the Premiere broke up constantly. To ensure that the cable going to the premiere was not the problem, I replaced it with a different cable. Same result. The series 3 was stable, the Premiere broke up regularly. At this point I decided to see if I could move the antennas to improve performance. I used the real-time signal meter (and some help via phone intercom) to maximize signal strength and stability. As others have reported, the meter on the Premiere gives much lower values than the Series 3 that do not necessarily indicate stability. After some tinkering, I managed to get the problematic station to around the low 60s, and managed to improve reported signal strength for most channels. Returning to live TV revealed much improvement, but the Series3 still held on better in the face of the air traffic and a north wind of about 12MPH. Test2: TivoHD vs. Premiere in a bedroom installation. Antenna is a Terk HDTVi connected to the combined UHF/VHF input of a Channelmaster 7778 preamp. Signal is split 3 ways to the TV, TivoHD and a PC. For this test I moved the PC connection to the Premiere. Again, both the HD and Premiere were running simultaneously for direct comparison. Air traffic was still present, but given the difference in room position, the sound was less noticeable. Results: The premiere fared better than in test one, but there were two channels, one on UHF 23 and one on UHF 32, that the Premiere could not pull in without incessant pixelation and breakup. It would momentarily clear, but not for long. The TivoHD was rock solid on both channels that the Premiere had issues with. Aside from these two channels, the Premiere's performance seemed acceptable, but was a little more shaky than the TivoHD. Due to the lack of positioning options in the room, the antenna was not moved after initial performance was observed. It is worth noting that neither the TivoHD, the TV nor the PC had issues with either of these two stations. Test 3: Lower level/basement installation. Antenna is a Terk HDTVi connected to an ancient amplifier. The antenna in this case is pointed out a window at a house that is positioned in such a way as to catch and reflect the signals from the broadcast tower. The antenna feed was moved from a DTV PAl CECB converter box to the Premiere. Results: The Premiere actually seems to be performing well in this installation, perhaps due to the fact that it is getting the signal after it has passed through the trees, the hill and bounced off the house opposite the towers. Even the station located from a different tower 40 miles away seems to be coming in stable. The Premiere currently remains in this room to see if reception remains stable during the rest of the trial period. So in tests 1 and 2 the Premiere proved inferior to a TV, a PC, a Series 3 and a TivoHD when dealing with dynamic multipath. In test 3, it initially seems on par with a CECB at handling the static multipath associated with the nearby home opposite the towers. Before anyone asks, the amplifier and preamps I'm using are there because they do in fact stabilize the signal at my location. Without them no tuner I have ever tried performs as well. Take from all this what you will, but it seems clear to me that the issue with the Premiere's reception is indeed its handling of dynamic multipath. The Series3, TivoHD, PC and both of my TV tuners appear to perform better when confronted with the identical signal and its inherent dynamic reflections. If I decide to spend the additional cash to fully activate the Premiere I will post any noteworthy updates here in the future. In the meantime, I hope this insanely long post is of some help to those in challenging reception areas considering a Premiere for OTA use.