1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OSX-Does Roxio TivoTransfer Work With New Roamio's?

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by qz3fwd, Aug 25, 2013.

1. qz3fwd

qz3fwd Member

Jul 6, 2007
    I am in the process of ordering a new Roamio (Base), and have Roxio Toast 10 w/TivoTransfer. Does anyone know if there are any versions of Toast/TivoTransfer for the mac which work with the new Tivo's?

BTW-I am 100% OSX as of 3 years ago.

Thanks

2. solutionsetc

solutionsetc Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Northern...
    I have scoured the website looking for any mention of TTGO with the Roamie and came up empty. All the wording is streaming and transfer to iOS devices (not even Android support).

I am gonna go way out on a limb here and suggest TiVo is getting out of the TTGO business.

3. qz3fwd

qz3fwd Member

Jul 6, 2007
    Tivo does not provide the software on the osx side, you have to buy a roxio product.

My real question is, did they change anything which would break backwards compatability with software which predates the Roamio?

4. solutionsetc

solutionsetc Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Northern...
    Are you saying the romeo supports TTGO with the current release of toast and Tivo desktop?

5. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Ziphead

Aug 2, 2003
    pyTivo doesn't even notice the difference, except for how freaking fast it is.

6. solutionsetc

solutionsetc Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Northern...
    Good to know.