1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Orphan Black 6/14/14 “Things Which Have Never Yet Been Done”

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Rob Helmerichs, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Why is it not surprising which of the loving couple is better suited for the disposal of dead bodies?

How nice that Helena finally has people her own age to play with! Plus she gets to give parenting advice. “Gut you like a fish” indeed...

Lucky for Donnie & Alison that DeAngelo is too stupid to wire her snitch.

“Haven’t you been listening to anything my father’s been saying? “— Not really.” And yet again I forgot that Helena is Tatiana.

Poor stoogey-looking guy. When he's not playing slimy dicks, he's playing somebody we're meant to think is a slimy dick.

Nothing like a home improvement project to bring a couple closer together...

“Do I look like I’m trying to be funny?” Well, yes Helena. Yes, you do. :D

At least Kira’s new room is nice...

2. philw1776

philw1776 Active Member

Jan 19, 2002
    Seacoast NH
    On the show's theme of genetics...the murder gene is dominant with these clone seestras. Every clone has been involved with murder, some many times, except (so far) Cosima. That includes Beth (RIP) who shot the Prolethian or whatever they're called and was in trouble with the police for the shooting. Sarah even tried to murder her twin.

I thought the writing was superb for this episode. Helena rocks.

3. john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    How much bone marrow did they take out of that poor little girl?

4. Beryl

Beryl Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Texas

Yeppy on all of this.

I hated Helena after she killed the birth mom but after she out-crazied her captors, I like her as much as most of the other clones. I also have become quite fond of Donnie.

5. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Except she's a scientist, so she's MURDERING THE WHOLE HUMAN RACE with her Global Warming hoax.

6. Gunnyman

Gunnyman Just a boring dude

Jul 10, 2003
    !Texas
    So is the one who kidnapped Kira yet another clone?
    I made the mistake of watching this one while using my laptop at the same time. I need to watch again without distractions.

7. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    Rachel kidnapped Kira.

8. Gunnyman

Gunnyman Just a boring dude

Jul 10, 2003
    !Texas
    Oh Ok I saw her making a phone call. I thought she was calling another clone to kidnap Kira. Thanks

9. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh.

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Kira handles this show's shenanigans with the utmost cool.

10. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Yeah, I don't know if she's an especially good child actor, or if they're just good at keeping things within her wheelhouse. But either way, she's far less annoying than most child actors...i.e., not at all.

11. stellie93

stellie93 Active Member

Feb 25, 2006
    Ok--so the crazy guy stole Helena's egg and fertilized it and implanted it? I guess I wasn't listening either when he talked. ;)

The poor stoogey looking guy was actually innocent and Rachael set it up for her to see the computer so she would get Sarah out of the room?

I'm not sure they weren't better off with the body in the freezer. Just get a generator in case the power goes off and leave it there for a few years until everything cools down. Now druggie guy knows where it is--if he has any brains at all--and they can't even move it. Not to mention their kids knowing that Mommy and Daddy dug a big hole in the garage.

I still haven't figured out who the new woman is. Am I supposed to know where she fits in? :confused:

12. madscientist

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    Yes, Hank was apparently using his sperm to fertilize Helena's eggs and implanting them in all the women.

Yes, Benjamin was innocent; Rachel tricked Delphine to get Sarah away from Kira.

What would Vic know? No one is even looking for Leekie; everyone thinks he died on one of the Dyad planes, and certainly no one (outside of Dyad anyway) knows that Donnie or Alison had even heard of Dyad, much less knew Leekie. There's nothing to cool down: nothing is hot, no one is looking. I think burying the body is much safer since you don't have to worry about electricity going out or someone looking in the freezer. Yes, some people know they dug a hole in the garage and yes, that's suspicious, but there's no reason anyone would have to dig it up again. Personally I might have tried something else, a la Breaking Bad, but in any event burying under the garage is better than in the freezer IMO.

I'm not sure what you mean by "new woman". Do you mean Marian? She is Leekie and Rachel's boss; she appears to be the "big bad" behind Dyad. She gave the OK for Rachel to do away with Leekie (you may remember Rachel talking to her on her cell, on speaker, showing Leekie he had already lost and needed to run).

13. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh.

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I think Allison and Donny were idiots for excavating the grave in their garage while their kids were home. Leave Leekie in the freezer until the kids aren't home.

Victor doesn't know anything other than there's a body sized hole in Allison's garage floor. They wouldn't have spent so much time on the scene unless it's going to come back and bite them in the butt somehow.

I thought Rachel impersonating Sarah perfectly was a stretch. Maybe I should go back and examine the scene more closely but if Rachel not only matched Sarah's speech patterns, hairdo and clothes on her first shot, then that's a bit unbelievable.

14. JoBeth66

JoBeth66 Temp

Feb 15, 2002
    Donnie was /awesome/ in this episode.

Tatiana deserves at least 6 Emmys for her roles.

15. philw1776

philw1776 Active Member

Jan 19, 2002
    Seacoast NH
    Yes he was innocent. A ploy by Rachel.

The "new woman" was introduced in the previous episode. She's top dog. That's about all we know. Other than she's a sociopathic starship captain. Whoops, that was another show.

16. JoBeth66

JoBeth66 Temp

Feb 15, 2002
    :up:

She kinda takes me out of the show a little bit every time she's on screen because I can't get past it.

17. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Or, if this turns out to be a Burn Notice kind of show, she's the latest opening of the Matryoshka doll. But when she's served her plot purpose, there will be more.

If this turns out to be a Burn Notice kind of show. ;)

18. philw1776

philw1776 Active Member

Jan 19, 2002
    Seacoast NH
  19. madscientist

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    Possibly, but also it served to bind their relationship back together. And it seemed to get rid of Vic more or less permanently (??)

She didn't really have to do too much. She yells at Mrs. S., and Felix and Kira are asleep so she doesn't have to do much acting there. Plus it seems like Felix does see through it a bit, before she drugs him. Getting the clothes and hair right is the easiest part, I'd think, since Sarah always wears the same thing.

However the whole plan is pretty thin, I agree. How does Rachel know Delphine will call Sarah out into the car instead of going in to talk to her? Whatever, though, it was fun episode.

Here's my question: what happened to all the women and children that lived in the house Helena torched? She must have had them get out somehow, we have to assume...?

20. Beryl

Beryl Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Texas
    IIRC, someone mentioned that some (or all) were out looking for more victims.