1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Options in SW Florida

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by ultrarunner, Jul 18, 2014.

1. ultrarunner

ultrarunner New Member

Mar 20, 2008
    Ok, so, I'm relocating down there next month. I have two options at my address:

Comcast or Century Link. The latter provides either DirectTV or Prism for TV. If I go with Century Link, I'd likely do the Prism TV feed as I don't want to deal with Dish issues.

Both outfits say they support my existing Tivo/Cable card setup that I have been using with TimeWarner.

Any folks here in SW Florida that can comment on their experiences with either of these two service providers?

Thanks,

Ultra

2. tarheelblue32

tarheelblue32 Active Member

Jan 12, 2014
    Raleigh, NC
    TiVo/CableCards will only work with Comcast, they definitely will NOT work with DISH or Prism TV.

3. ultrarunner

ultrarunner New Member

Mar 20, 2008
    Well, that makes the decision easy then...

Thanks for the intel....

GO HEELS!

Ultra....

4. aridon

aridon Member

Aug 31, 2006
    I don't know about SW but in SE FL Comcast is pretty strong and a decent provider.

Go to the local office, pick up your cable cards and call the cable card hot line install number floating around the forum here and you should be fine.

If you run into any issues about them saying "you need a box on your account" that is bull and it works fine without it. Just tell them to add the card and send the signal. I had to fight with a rep to do it but it worked just fine.

If you reinsert the cable card for any reason when they are trying to activate do a reboot the tivo and after it boots resend the signal if it doesn't sync.

5. ultrarunner

ultrarunner New Member

Mar 20, 2008
    Thanks for the info Aridon. Does the Comcast feed require the tuning adapter setup when using a Tivo, like time warner?

Thanks,

Ultra

6. aridon

aridon Member

Aug 31, 2006
    Tuning adapters are not used by Comcast here.

7. ultrarunner

ultrarunner New Member

Mar 20, 2008