1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Option to automatically pad all recordings

Discussion in 'TiVo Suggestion Avenue' started by MikeNewman, Aug 31, 2013.

1. MikeNewman

MikeNewman New Member

Aug 30, 2013
    Hillsboro,...
    I need to add one minute to the end of every recording to make sure I get the whole show. This isn't a big problem for season passes but is a nuisance for manual recordings. I'd love to have an option to add time to every recording.

2. jeff92k7

jeff92k7 Annoyed with trolls

Jan 18, 2006
    on planet earth
    This has been discussed before. TiVo has yet to listen to customer requests. The current request is to pad recordings automatically, but not record the pad time if another show is scheduled to record before/after and there is no other tuner available.

3. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    I would love to see this. Especially now with a 6 tuner TiVo where there will be almost no chance of a conflict.

4. bdspilot

bdspilot New Member

Dec 10, 2010
    Better yet why doesn't tivo know when the show ends and adjust automatically and how about shifting the time for delays like football on Sunday. Seems like this would be possible with today's tech.e

5. Dan203

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    That would require cooperation from the broadcasters, which is never going to happen. And even if it did it presents a whole host of other problems.

6. BrettStah

BrettStah Well-Known Member TCF Club

Nov 12, 2000
    San Antonio
    The DirecTV DVRs do automatic padding (if a tuner is available) - very surprised this isn't standard across all DVRs these days.

7. Dan203

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    I'm surprised TiVo hasn't added it. But then again I'm also surprised that 3.5 years later the HDUI isn't finished. Obviously TiVo has different priorities in their engineering department then we would like.

8. ejonesss

ejonesss New Member

Aug 13, 2007
    manual recordings you can select the start time and stop time so you could for example start at 7:59 and end at 9:01

9. Dan203

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Manual recordings jump in 5 minute increments. So you still have to use padding to get times like that.