1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Optical Pop HD GUI

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by NorthAlabama, Aug 27, 2012.

1. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    when navigating hd menus, as the video window "flickers" during a transition, i hear a loud pop or crackle when the video window reappears, or during a gui to full video transition. that's the only time there's any sound issue. with the video menu disabled, there's no popping.

i can end the popping by disabeling, then enabeling, the video window, but the popping always returns.

my video is high speed hdmi, my audio is optical cable, sony home theater receiver, tivo premiere xl.

any suggestions? i think this may be hd gui related, or sony optical related (based on the other forum posts).

2. jaredmwright

jaredmwright New Member

Sep 5, 2004
    Bay Area
    I have the same issue with my Premiere XL4 using optical out to my Pioneer receiver. I receive a audio drop out and slight pop when going into the TiVo menu and back to live TV or the currently playing show by using Zoom. When using the guide and PIP, this doesn't happen, so I am hoping that when they update the interface to full HD sometime this decade that this goes away then. Until, I just live with it and the annoyance it is. It really isn't a very smooth transition and I don't know how it passed the QA phase as is with the video blinking black and audio dropping out, my DirecTV is smooth as butter transitioning on their platform.

3. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    i appreciate for letting me know i'm not alone. my optical audio with directv didn't pop either, but there were many other issues after their hd gui update last fall (see post #16 at this link):

my directv hddvrs are stand alone video players now, and i'm thrilled with tivo.

try my suggestion to turn off the video window, navigate a few of the hd menus, then turn the video window back on. this temporary fix helps me a bunch.

thanks for the reply!