1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OOH and Downloads

Discussion in 'TiVo Stream' started by Austin Bike, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Austin Bike

Austin Bike Member

Feb 9, 2003
    Will out of home streaming allow download to a device or only streaming. If I watch 8 hours of TV on a flight and then am in a hotel for 2 weeks, I'd like to be able to download another 8 hours of recent programming for the flight home.

2. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Whatever you can stream you can download as well. Downloads are slightly better quality than streaming as well.

3. Austin Bike

Austin Bike Member

Feb 9, 2003
    Excellent! Sitting in a convention center in Barcelona I can see my TiVo shows, just can't download or stream them yet. Patiently waiting.

4. Devx

Devx New Member

Jun 1, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    The initial setup of OOH streaming/downloading requires being on the same network as the Tivo and Stream to select the OOH box and accept the agreement. It cannot be done remotely.

5. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    I think the OP has a standalone Stream that hasn't yet been updated with OOH capability (TiVo is delaying it by a few weeks presumably waiting for 20.3.7 software updates for series 4 units to complete).

6. Austin Bike

Austin Bike Member

Feb 9, 2003
    Yes, I have a standalone stream and it has already been setup with the latest iOS connection because I was able to see my Premiere shows while I was on the road, but could not stream or transfer them yet. I could even see my tivo HD unit but obviously not the shows that were recorded, only the guide.

7. Devx

Devx New Member

Jun 1, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    I mentioned it to ensure you knew that if the initial Stream setup for OOH streaming wasn't done while at home OOH streaming wouldn't work. I didn't realize that the OOH streaming box could be selected in the iOS app before the functionality was fully available for Stream owners. For Roamio Plus/Pro, the Tivo received the update first, then the app was updated and IIRC opening it while at home prompted the OOH streaming setup.

8. magnox

magnox New Member

Aug 11, 2010
    You can download via wifi or cellular OOH with the roamio. You cant stream over cellular though.