1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One recording grabbed multiple channels (TA Issue?)

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by dcrowell77, Apr 29, 2012.

1. dcrowell77

dcrowell77 New Member

Dec 27, 2007
    I had the strangest thing happen to me the other day that I haven't read about before. I started watching a recording of this week's Awake and a couple minutes in the screen went garbly. That happens sometimes (isn't cable great?) but then I noticed that some of the not-Awake portions of the display were showing the NFL Draft show. So basically it appears that TiVo was recording multiple channels at the same time. It was then that I also noticed the time for the 1 hour show appeared as 7 hours in the description and progress bar. I could tell that Awake was still being recorded at the very end too so it must've just muxed everything together into one super-long recording. I thought this must've been a once-in-a-lifetime glitch so forgot about it, but then today I brought up an episode of Storage Wars and saw the same thing. The show duration was really long and I once again saw a different show throw the digital static.

I'm going to do a reboot of the TiVo and the TA later. Any other thoughts?