1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One button CC Finally!

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by KLINK, Feb 27, 2013.

1. KLINK

KLINK Member

Aug 17, 2004
    I got an update to my RCX for Tivo app today. You can now press just one button to get Closed Captions to toggle on and off.

2. jrtroo

jrtroo User

Feb 4, 2008
  3. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Don't think it's anything new as telnet interface has had that for a long time and available via tivoremote for series 3 units. Function is also available using mindrpc protocol which kmttg remote uses for series 4 units (and uses telnet protocol for series 3 units). Don't know about the OP's app specifically but probably is one using mindrpc protocol.

4. KLINK

KLINK Member

Aug 17, 2004
    It is a Tivo remote control android app for my DriodX. Search for RCX for TiVo (free) at the Google Play Store.

5. KLINK

KLINK Member

Aug 17, 2004
    I use your program almost every day to transfer my tivo programs to my PC and clear my deleted items folder on my Elite. I do not have a laptop, so the remote cc function would not be convenient for me. I can set my DroidX on the table right next to me an just reach a few inches to toggle the cc's.

6. swerver

swerver Member

May 18, 2012
    I wonder if you could program a macro into one of the programmable buttons on the slide or glo. Maybe not directly, but maybe with the help of a universal remote that you build the macro on first, then teach it to the slide.

7. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    VERY misleading thread title...

8. crxssi

crxssi Veteran TiVo User

Apr 5, 2010
    Agreed.

What is needed is a button on the *TiVo* remote to do this.