1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One basic service (NBC) HD channel not working.gett

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by bobdec01, May 17, 2012.

1. bobdec01

bobdec01 New Member

Jan 20, 2011
    I have a Tivo HD on Atlanta area Comcast cable. It has one Motorola-M, Dual tuner, CableCard installed for the past two years w/o any problems. Starting a month ago one channel 806 , NBC part of the HD basic service started getting checkerboard and no signal message about 90% of the time, works on and off 10% of time.. Fails only one channel on tuner 0 or 1 within the card. Pulled the card and reseated it a couple of times, powered off the Tivo, symptoms are still the same. Is there anything I can do prior to last resort of calling Comcast, is it a bad CableCard or a week signal just showing on one channel. Is there anything I can check.. Help would be appreciated !!
  2. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Check the signal strength in DVR diagnostics. Is this channel much weaker than others? Also compare SNR and are there any RS Error counts?
  3. azl123

azl123 New Member

May 17, 2012
    I've had several HD channels drop out when the cable provider deployed SDV "Switched Digital Video" in my area. The fix is supposed to be an external tuning adapter available from the cable provider. In my case the channels that are switching over to SDV are on a schedule available the cable provider. I saw this symptom on Series 3 Tivo, but amazingly I get the channel fine on my Series 2 analog Tivo (which has the digital box from the cable company). Hope this helps!
  4. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Active Member

May 6, 2002
    Comcast doesn't do SDV. I've been having similar problems, except with 803 & 804. They claim there is noise on the line comping from inside. Signal strength was dropping into the 60's. I moved one of the cables and a splitter and it is in the 80's now, so who knows.
  5. ajwees41

ajwees41 Active Member

May 7, 2006
    the sdv channels are usually lesser watched channels