1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Once Upon a Time - S2E22 - "And Straight On Til Morning" -Season Finale-OAD 5/12/2013

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by martinp13, May 13, 2013.

1. martinp13

martinp13 YHTBMABIITY

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    Dang, they just keep tightening everything in on itself. Everything certainly converged on Neverland.

I did laugh that after Emma and Regina extinguished the trigger and it fell to the floor, Regina bee-lined for it and scooped it up, pocketed it, and no one remembers that she has it. It's SOOOOOOO dangerous, but let's move the story along. :rolleyes:

The ending reminded me of the original Star Trek series, where every major character would beam down on every away mission. Sure, Belle has a cloaking device for the town (why didn't Gold pull that out when the curse broke?), but it's all unprotected... I think the only one left that can do magic is the Blue Fairy. :)

Did the only talking Lost Boy imply at the end that HE is Peter Pan, or that the shadow is Peter Pan?

Was that Aurora, Philip, and Mulan that found Neal? That's "now", but isn't Philip wraith-sucked-dead? Hrmmmm, whatever. :) So although Neal would be more useful in Neverland, he ends up in the Forest. Who decides where portals go? I can't imagine Tamara "deciding" to send Neal back to the Forest, dead or not. Since the beans came from there, is that the default? :)

The "drawn" pictures of Baelfire's mother and Henry were top quality... I wonder where those came from? (besides some laser printer) The two pictures looked similar, but I think that's just a coincidence. But how would they know about Henry when Baelfire is just a boy... Henry wasn't even born yet. Let me guess: "the prophecy". But most prophecies are vague and confusing, and don't turn out laser-quality images. :)

2. markz

markz Hilarity Ensues

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    I wondered that too. Is he referring to himself in the third person as Peter Pan? Or is he working for Peter Pan, whom we haven't met yet?

3. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    The latter is my understanding.

4. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Yeah, Peter Pan is the Big Bad. Kind of like in Fables, where the Big Bad turned out to be, well, that guy it turned out to be. Only here, they didn't make it a years-long mystery.

(Ironically, in Fables it was also going to be Peter Pan, but it turned out that PP isn't (wasn't?) in the public domain in the UK, which would have meant Fables couldn't have been sold there...so the writer changed it to, well, that guy it turned out to be.)

5. TonyD79

TonyD79 Active Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    I heard it as he was Peter.

6. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    The rights to Peter Pan are a bit of a mess. In Europe, it is in the public domain; in the UK, a royalty would be required to be paid to the Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH); and in US, it may or may not be under copyright based on various interpretations of copyright law and whether or not they are based on when the play was published or when the novel was published.

7. martinp13

martinp13 YHTBMABIITY

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    But if you're eating peanut butter, it's ok to say? :)

8. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Was it sold in the UK?

BTW, the flight over London that young Bae took with the shadow Pan was a direct homage to the Peter Pan ride at Disneyland, emulating many of the same views and movements.

9. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    Raking leaves
    It may be just me- and I loved the first season of this show- but I did not enjoy this season all that much. Especially the last few episodes. At this point everyone is everyone else's grandmother and the story lines keep branching out farther and farther. There's no end in sight.
    I won't carry on about how the writing and acting has gone down hill- suffice to say that I hope the writers and showrunners get it together over the break and get this show back on target.

Plus Mary Margaret's new black sharpie eyebrows annoy me no end.
    She looks ridiculous.

10. markz

markz Hilarity Ensues

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    I can ask my cousin in London, but I am pretty sure they sell peanut butter there.

:)

11. markz

markz Hilarity Ensues

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    I feel pretty much like you do. And once my wife pointed out MM's eyebrows, I was distracted the rest of the episode!

12. mike_k

mike_k Registered User TCF Club

Sep 20, 2005
    Mason, OH
    They are better than David's pink lips... :)

13. tivogurl

tivogurl New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    I don't understand why the "everybody is related" trope is held in such fondness by television writers. Do most viewers actually like it?
    I thought there was something off about her in this episode. I don't get why any woman thinks that attractive.

14. martinp13

martinp13 YHTBMABIITY

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    It brings forth emotions based on the family relationship that don't usually exist among strangers. The best example in this series: Gold would kill any boy that would cause his downfall, except that the boy in question is his grandson. It's not that the viewers like it: it's that the writers like it because it gives them more to write about. :)

15. TonyD79

TonyD79 Active Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    And in this case, it is a small world, after all.

16. martinp13

martinp13 YHTBMABIITY

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    < rimshot!!! >

17. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    Well I'm finally caught up on the series after watching both seasons back-to-back and I have enjoyed it quite a lot.

I keep thinking that Gold's prophecy may not have anything to do with Henry. He only assumes that Henry is the one that will be his downfall but I bet it's not. Or maybe he does end up killing a kid, and the killing itself is what causes his downfall. There's really no use in him trying to do anything related to that prophecy, but you know he won't be able to control himself.

Of course Neil wasn't going to die. It is quite interesting though that he got sent to fairytale land and everybody else is going to neverland.

I also was confused by the ending, unsure if the kid talking was Peter Pan but I'm assuming not. And the Peter Pan shadow thing is really creepy which is pretty excellent for this show. It's very much a departure from the story but it fits with the story we know.

I'm looking forward to where they go from here. And the spinoff as well.