1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Once Upon a Time - S2E18 - "Selfless, Brave and True" - OAD 3/24/2013

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by martinp13, Mar 25, 2013.

1. martinp13

martinp13 YHTBMABIITY

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    My Lostie co-worker was disgusted by this episode. She said this is exactly what Lost did: drag in something inexplicable, use it, kill it, and never explain it or hear from it again. And have two far-flung characters know each other for no reason. I think she's overreacting. :) I'm sure they will explain how Greg/Owen knows Tamara, and why his name changed, etc.

Why reset Pinocchio to a boy again? That was odd. He didn't lose his memories when going from a puppet to a boy the first time... why did he this time?

Why did Tamara go to The Dragon in the first place? To find "magic"? Did she really think it existed, and kept trying to find someone who had it? Did she know August at the first Dragon meeting... she's roughly their (August/Emma) age... maybe she was another kid in the orphanage... ah, the possibilities.

Who the heck uses a taser as their weapon of choice??

Now that we've pretty much established that Gold didn't remember anything in the early days of the curse (I don't think I'm buying that, given what a devious bastard he is), how DID Henry get adopted? And Regina waited 17 years to do it? She wanted a kid a week into the curse, when Owen was there! Makes me think that if Gold really didn't remember at the beginning, somewhere in the middle he "woke up".

2. Vendikarr

Vendikarr New Member

Feb 24, 2004
    My guess is the spell was designed to change him from a puppet into a real boy. So when it kicked in again, it did what it was originally conceived to do.

As to why he lost his memory, it's like he was reset to factory standard. It seems like the redo is as if the spell was just cast for the first time.

3. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    He reset so he couldn't warn them about Tamara. You know the very thing he was being "Selfless, Brave and True" about.

4. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    How does a taser work on a man made of wood?

5. tivogurl

tivogurl New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    The same way it killed the Dragon rather than incapacitating him.

6. Ereth

Ereth Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Jacksonville...
    I thought that was going to be the plot point. He's made of wood. He's non-conducting. She'd get a surprise and he'd be able to defeat her.

Totally bummed that they didn't go that route.

7. loubob57

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    Yeah, I thought that's where they were going too.

8. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Not just bummed.
    It really doesn't make sense.
    Tamara setting August on fire would have made more sense.

9. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    From Ausiello:
    Question: How long before Neal figures out Tamara’s real deal on Once Upon a Time? —Kelly
    Ausiello: Not any time soon, so everyone there in Storybrooke — both magical and “Muggle” — had better watch their backs. Because make no mistake, Tamara isn’t pulling off her dirty work using any ol’ $99 stun gun. “We did not just kill a magical creature with an off-the-shelf Taser,” series cocreator Adam Horowitz affirms. “The Taser isn’t what it seems at first, and we get into that soon.”

10. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    So,
    you're saying it's a magic taser?

11. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I'm not sayin' nuttin'.

But at least they've thought about it.

12. loubob57

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    They shoulda given us a hint though. ;)

13. martinp13

martinp13 YHTBMABIITY

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    It's a magical-being life-force sucker-outer that visually operates in the manner of a mundane taser. Duh. :)