1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Once Upon a Time - S2E07 - "Child of the Moon"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by martinp13, Nov 12, 2012.

1. martinp13

martinp13 YHTBMABIITY

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    Hmmmm... please tell me I'm wrong. Last season, in the flashback episodes, when Red killed Peter and the hood was finally thrown on her, she wasn't wearing any clothes as they had ripped off during her transformation into the wolf. This season, Red transforms, breaks out of the meat locker, hides in the forest, and wakes up in her clothes. :( For that reason alone, I thought she was set up... someone broke open the meat locker, made it look like a wolf had done it, gassed Red, and carried her out to the forest so it looked like she had become a wolf when she really didn't (they didn't know what would happen on the first full moon). I hope I'm remembering last season wrong.

Poor Red. "I'm not a killer!" as she stood over the body of her mother that she stabbed with the whatever that pointy thing was.

I honestly don't understand why Red had such a problem in current times. She accepted being the wolf in the past, knows how it felt. Did she forget all about that?

I hope we find out why Granny lied to Red. I figure it's because Granny knew that her mother had become a werewolf, and didn't want Red to join the pack.

So the town is up in arms, torches, and pitchforks, riled up by the King, ready to kill Red. Charming saves the day and spirits Red away in the cruiser. Then what does Red do? She chucks the hood and decides to become the wolf for the rest of the night! I hope everyone really believes that she's not dangerous: those pitchforks are still handy.

Ah, Henry and his magic freebie from Rumpelstiltskin. Definitely going to be a way to communicate between worlds. Good thing the time zones line up and Henry and Aurora are both asleep at the same time. :) So, are there really flames there? Henry seemed to be burned by them, but when he got the charm, he stood there like they weren't there. Odd.

To me, an odd episode all the way around. Good but odd.

2. dtle

dtle Active Member

Dec 12, 2001
    Philly, PA
    How much do we know about Granny? Given her "abilities", maybe she's really Red's Granny, also a Child of the Moon?

3. mdougie

mdougie New Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Yeah that was really pretty sad.

I am not a killer as she caused the death of her mother. As for Granny I think she is actually Red's grandmother who had a falling out with her daughter, and trying to protect her.

The dream thing turn out far differently than I expected so far. I figured it was Reginas mother behind the dreams letting them know the terror to come.

I love the show and snow looked much better the entire episode.

4. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I don't think Red stabbed Mom (how could she, in wolf form?)...she just knocked her away from Snow, and Mom fell on the pointy thing.

It wasn't blocked very clearly, but that's the only way that makes sense to me.

5. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    My only complaint is that David was pretty dumb to leave the hat where Spencer could get it.

(I am liking the David/Henry scenes though.)

I also noticed Ruby's clothes transformed as well and I don't remember them doing so last season either.

Perhaps the Mouse Bosses had the producers tone things down.
    One thing I have noticed is that Ruby is dressing less like a trollop this season.

6. Maui

Maui Major Lee Oblivious

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    Speaking of Red, there has been a lot of people getting stuck on the fact that the Queen is prettier than Snow, but let's face facts, Red has them both beat.

Belle is no slouch either.

7. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Yes, I found that line to be very ironic. But effective dialogue has never been this show's strong suit.

The thing I found unbelieveable was David showed up just as King George is about to shoot the wolf. Then David gives them some line about how King George set her up, but provides no evidence. So then the angry mob just stands there for several minutes while David inches his way toward the wolf? Really? They would accept his story without any evidence and then go completely passive while they wait to see if the wolf is going to attack him?
    Yes, Red definitely has them beat. Belle, on the other hand, is looking quite plump. I googled to see if Emilie de Ravin is pregnant in real life, but couldn't find anything.

8. ct1

ct1 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2003
    Maryland
    The Queen is the fairest of them all.

9. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Well, they know and trust Charming, and they could see that he believed what he was saying enough to risk his life on it. So what do they have to lose by letting him try? If the wolf attacks, then they can shoot. Until then, they can just let the only leader they have (Regina is still around, but nobody trusts her) deal with it.

10. DevdogAZ

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Just didn't seem to be in character for an angry, pitchfork/torch-wielding mob to act rationally and with restraint.

11. Doggie Bear

Doggie Bear New Member

Jan 16, 2008
    Pacific...
    Maybe Charming has some magic power of super charisma/persuasiveness?

12. martinp13

martinp13 YHTBMABIITY

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    Maybe it was just in the script? ;)

13. martinp13

martinp13 YHTBMABIITY

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    Who did he give the hat to at the beginning of the episode, for safekeeping? Hmmmm....

And of course, how do we know that was really THE hat in the fire? I would have expected some puff of smoke or wisp of magic from an artifact that powerful, even if it's been through the wringer.

14. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    Regina still gets my vote.

Too bad, she looks pretty good as a trollop. :up:

15. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    Raking leaves
    I'm betting it survived the fire.

16. Ereth

Ereth Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Jacksonville...
    How do we know it really was Ruby's mom? I mean, you get taken to a village of strangers and the leader says "No, I'm your mom" and you immediately believe her? Why?

17. NJChris

NJChris Kermie Loves Elmo

May 11, 2001
    Riverdale,...
    Because they both had a big hair do!!!

18. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    Raking leaves
    Mom had quite the long face there and reminded me of Robin Antin and I could not get past it. All that bother to find a mom only to have her and the Quinn (?) wolf guy dead- what was the point?

19. DevdogAZ

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Not sure who Robin Antin is, but the mother was played by Jami Gertz.

20. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    You would think so, wouldn't you? I certainly did.

But actually, it was Annabeth Gish.