1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Once Upon a Time S03E11 "Going Home"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by smbaker, Dec 16, 2013.

1. smbaker

smbaker Well-Known Member

May 24, 2003
    When they put that binding on Peter Pan, I said to my girlfriend "You know he's just gonna take that silly thing off when he wakes up..."

That curse sure moves slow when it needs to.

They had a lot of confidence that beetle would start.

I had Felix's heart being torn out pegged last episode. Saw that one coming. Pity that Felix just stood there as Pan told him exactly what he was about to do, then slowly did it.

Could have done without the blue fairy being raised from the dead. Dead should be dead.

Spoilerized question about the preview for March's return:

Who is that green witch?

2. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    I found it interesting how the curse fog that Grumpy claimed was "coming in from all directions" with "no way to escape" left them still able to make their way to the town limits and stand around there for what seemed like forever.
    Really? You didn't recognize the Wicked Witch of the West from Wizard of Oz? Or did you mean who was *playing* the green witch? If so, that's Rebecca Mader.

I'm just bummed it almost certainly won't include the mythology from Wicked, given that is currently licensed by Universal Pictures.

3. smbaker

May 24, 2003
    I knew I recognized the symbology from somewhere, but just couldn't place it.

so are we now going to get a tin man, a lion, and a scarecrow too? It'll be interesting to see Once Upon a Time's spin on that.

4. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    I'd expect to see Glinda the Good or Dorothy before any of those.

5. jamesl

jamesl Member

Jul 12, 2012
    LOL

6. tiassa

tiassa Me --Avatar

Jul 2, 2008
    Did anyone else notice that as the green fog rolled over everything in Storybrooke, that (at least to my viewing) it carefully went around the "Big Book of Fairy Tales" left on Henry's bed.

My prediction: Henry and Emma will drive to "Nowhere, Maine" and discover the book as the key to getting to the Enchanted Forest

Vis-a-vis March:
    Nah, Emma will serve as Dorothy, Hook the Tin Man, Henry as the Scarecrow (or maybe Toto), and someone new, maybe Emma's new boyfriend as the Cowardly Lion.
    Correction: Henry is the Tin Man (no heart) Hook is the Scarecrow

7. Vendikarr

Vendikarr New Member

Feb 24, 2004
    I did notice that as well. Perhaps the book will magically contain new pages that will help Henry and Emma catch up.

8. smbaker

May 24, 2003
    Proceeding from the assumption that Rumpel is too important a character to kill off, any thoughts on how they're going to rationalize bringing him back? There was no body, so certainly there's wiggle room for the writers. Maybe we'll get a more malevolent Rumpel back. The kinder gentler less manipulative self-sacrificing version doesn't necessarily make for good plots.

Did they give a reason why killing Pan also 'killed' Rumpel? or why the dark one's dagger was the appropriate weapon to kill Pan?

The writers need to be careful. Too much killing people off and bringing them immediately back (i.e. blue fairy, presumably Rumpel) is going to weaken the show.

Personally, I think Robbie Kay (Pan) deserves an award for his performance this season. I found his performance on the show second to only Robert Carlyle.

9. Ereth

Ereth Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Jacksonville...
    I agree with the spoiler, especially as the post-credits tagline was #Wickediscoming.

10. Maui

Maui Major Lee Oblivious

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    I agree with this. I thought he did a fantatic job!

11. martinp13

martinp13 YHTBMABIITY

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    8:15 am is a special time for them. :)

Do we know who put the book in Mary-Margaret's closet for her to find? Was it August? Gold?

I agree that the actor playing Pan was perfect... not only did he look like the classic Peter Pan, but his acting was awesome. :)

Ok, I'm not understanding all this cursing business going on. Pan stole "the curse" from Regina's vault. He chucked a bunch of stuff into the well, which I thought included "the curse". Then they switch Henry and Pan back and Henry has "the curse" in his hand. Did Pan just read/cast it and add the extra ingredients? Why didn't he destroy it so no one else could use it?

I thought it was kind of interesting that the voiceover on the coming episodes said
    that the sinister character "invades Storybrooke". Um, Storybrooke just got erased. Unless Regina's un-curse created a new one or something like that?

Plus we did see Rumpel in the preview, but who knows if that's a current scene or a flashback.

12. smbaker

May 24, 2003
    I think the point was that destroying the scroll undoes the curse.

Thus, Pan couldn't destroy it. He had to keep it safe somewhere, like Regina did.

13. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    Boy they sure seemed to be wrapping everything up for a series finale, then boom! time for another story arc.

14. Gerryex

Gerryex Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Land O...
    YES!! My thoughts exactly! As the episode went on I was saying to myself that it very much had a feel of a series finale. Especially when Emma and Henry drove off in the beetle (just in the nick of time, by the way) and the purple fog over powered the green fog. All of the story lines seemed to be taken care of. But then we go some time in the future to a happy Emma and Henry at home (was it NYC?) and I knew something was going to happen. But I was still surprised that it was Hook and that he tried to kiss Emma to make her remember.

So next season should be interesting!

Gerry

15. Ereth

Ereth Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Jacksonville...
    Yeah, for a bit there I thought the series was cancelled.

16. pkscout

pkscout Active Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Honolulu, HI
    They have definitely done a good job creating new directions for the show. I will say, though, that the finale had some sloppy plot points, and I wish they had handled them better.

1- the previously mentioned curse coming from every direction except, apparently, the direction they needed to go
    2- Balefire was not part of the original curse. He should have been able to leave with Henry and Emma. Undoing the curse shouldn't leave him in Wonderland. Of course we don't know if he ended up there, so maybe they just reset him in the real world so they could write the character off.
    3- I figure at this point any character they bring back can just be excused away because Storybrooke never existed. Hopefully they won't do that too often, but it does allow them to bring back Gold as well as the original Sheriff if they want.

The rest of the issues I've been pondering can be summed up as timey-whimy. The fact that Storybrooke never existed confuses how any of the characters have grown or changed since they left Fairytale land. Or even what memories they would have.

17. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    Although what you said is correct by the dialog in the show, in practice it seems that how it really worked was everyone who originated in "fairy tale land" was returned there, regardless how they arrived in Storybrooke.... with the exception of Emma, who was protected (somehow) by her status as "the savior." Therefore, by that rule, Baelfire was returned to "fairy tale land" along with the rest of the town.

18. NJChris

NJChris Kermie Loves Elmo

May 11, 2001
    Riverdale,...
    I took that as if Emma stayed in Storybrooke she would be brought back to fairy tale land but Henry would not since he was not born there. Emma and Henry could leave storybrooke without losing their memories so they did. Anyone else (ok except Bael so don't know why he didn't go too) would have lost their memory like Belle did.

19. TonyD79

TonyD79 Active Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    Just because a character says it, doesn't mean it is fact. It could been coming from multiple directions but not all, giving the impression to someone who was hysterical that it was coming from all. Even the, why assume all means 360 degrees. All could be north, south, east and west.

It was a fig, not a dome. :)