1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Once Upon a Time - S03E01 - "The Heart of the Truest Believer" - OAD 9/29/2013

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by martinp13, Oct 1, 2013.

1. martinp13

martinp13 YHTBMABIITY

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    Overall not a bad episode. Though I agree with my co-worker that the first storm scene looked like something out of a 80s metal music video (didn't I see Tawny Kitaen at the mizzen mast? :) ).

I was also mad at myself for dismissing how much the "runaway Lost Boy" looked just like what I would expect Peter Pan to look like. I watched the hour-long "series recap" show that was aired just before this, and the producers warned us to "forget the Peter Pan you know about, including the peanut butter". :) So when I saw Peter Pan, I thought "that kinda looks like a "Peter Pan", but with the shadow ripper running around we all thought *that* was him (and it still may be?).

Emma jumping in the water and being hit by the only piece of detached-by-lightning debris was also a bit much, but oh well. :)

I did appreciate Neal in the Enchanted Forest, telling Mulan that they made a movie about her, etc. And it was nice to leave Storybrooke behind... how long will that last? Have they cut adrift all of those actors/characters (Granny, Red, Jiminy, dwarves, etc)?

The two things I'm looking forward to are: 1) the explanation of the shadow creature and 2) what Peter Pan wants with Henry. My guess on #2 is that Henry can somehow "fuel" some multi-dimension/world takeover scheme with his "believing" ability.

2. Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Active Member

Jan 19, 2005
    high desert...
    I think that Henry, being a product of all that magical heritage, will be an extremely powerful magical person, once he starts to use all that potential. Pan wants Henry on his side.

3. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    Not sure how I feel about them making Peter Pan into as pronounced of a villain as they have. The show generally is pretty good about giving all the characters shades of grey, even clearly good characters like Snow White and Prince Charming, or clearly "evil" characters like Regina. I'm hopeful they do the same with Peter, but so far of what they've shown, he's a surprisingly one-dimensionally evil character.

I did laugh at Neal telling Mulan that they made a movie about her, then the follow up line "No, I can't explain what a movie is."