1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Once Upon A Time - "Broken" - 9/30/12

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by photoshopgrl, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Oct 2, 2012 #1 of 33
    photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Nothing yet for this?
    Okay I'll go.
    Did not love much about this sadly.

Not a fan of the way they introduced the new characters. For the first 10 minutes of the show I was like WTF is going on here? I recognized nobody. I wish they would flesh out who we've already seen before introducing Sleeping Beauty and Mulan.

I liked a few things. The comments about Dr Whale not being from FTL so nobody knew him still... so that will be something to keep wondering about.

Regina was classic as usual. I do wonder why the hat only worked when Emma touched her arm but I'm seriously annoyed that they brought out the hat and mentioned Jefferson and we get no Sebastian. :(

That being said, at least boring ass David is gone now that he knows he's Charming. I like the "I will always find them" even though it was predictable. I also really liked Emma's "which curse is worse?" conversation with Snow and Charming.

And as per the norm, the only emotional impact for me was Rumple/Belle. The ending scene was especially nice.
    Rumple: I'm still a monster
    Belle: Don't you see, that's exactly the reason I have to stay
    Bah! I'm not supposed to be a romantic!

Anyone?

2. Oct 2, 2012 #2 of 33
    DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Just watched last night. Not sure what to think. Since they basically reset everything, it seems like this would have been better as a 2-hour premiere so we could get a better idea of what the new status quo is.

I did like the matter-of-fact way Snow told Charming that she'd had a one-night stand with Dr. Whale.

3. Oct 2, 2012 #3 of 33
    KungFuCow

KungFuCow Thread Killer

May 6, 2004
    I came here earlier and was looking for a thread and was like WTF??!!

Interesting direction things are going in now. Should be especially interesting with Snow and Emma back in what's left of FTL.

4. Oct 2, 2012 #4 of 33
    Maui

Maui Major Lee Oblivious

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    I liked it. I think it set the season up nicely. In fact as I was watching it I realized how much I had missed it.

5. Oct 2, 2012 #5 of 33
    MonsterJoe

MonsterJoe ♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪

Feb 19, 2003
    Central MA
    Did I miss the Finale last season? I thought the last episode was when Regina made that Apple Turnover...

But this season it seems like a lot more has happened?

6. Oct 2, 2012 #6 of 33
    Family

Family Member

Jul 23, 2001
    I liked it.

In fact I can't believe they can take such a nothing idea and manufacture an arc for a second season. This is really a pretty creative effort because the concept is so prone to stereotypes. What's amazing is they've done such a good job that complaints like Photoshopgrl don't ring true for the entire series.

7. Oct 2, 2012 #7 of 33
    photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    I'm not sure what your comment means...

I think a lot of the shows I was in love with last season are going to be criticized by me much harder this year. I'm not sure why but I know it must have something to do with Supernatural. It's pretty much taken over every waking thought I have. I didn't even jump up and down for Breaking Bad and umm yeah that's saying a lot.

8. Oct 2, 2012 #8 of 33
    DevdogAZ

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I'm pretty sure that was the finale. That episode ended with a mist covering Storybrooke, and this episode picks up just moments after the end of last season.

9. Oct 2, 2012 #9 of 33
    dthmj

dthmj Hinky TCF Club

Mar 12, 2002
    Texas
    Sounds like you did... Very short version:

Henry was (dead?) in the hospital and Emma kissed him and the spell was broken - with a giant purple cloud.

10. Family

Family Member

Jul 23, 2001
    Sorry misread your last comment about not being a romantic.

11. MonsterJoe

MonsterJoe ♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪

Feb 19, 2003
    Central MA
    I guess I did miss it. Maybe I only blinked, since it was only 20 seconds long!!

12. zordude

zordude WDW Fan TCF Club

Sep 23, 2003
    Malden, MA
    I didn't get the impression that he wasn't from FTL, just that he wasn't admitting who he was, maybe I misread that scene.

13. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Oh well everyone else suddenly knew everyone but him so I assumed. I guess you're right, he could be still.

14. full_heart

full_heart New Member

May 12, 2005
    Oklahoma
    I agree, I am wondering if he is the actual Whale that Geppetto and Pinocchio. I mean that would be a little literal on the name but if Jiminy Cricket can be a man why cant the whale?

Just a thought. I could be way off but thats what my best guess is.

15. full_heart

full_heart New Member

May 12, 2005
    Oklahoma
    Ok I want to amend my previous statement. After looking online looks like we will find out who Dr.Whale is, I spoilerized this for those that don't want to read anything about when we find out characters identities etc..........

in episode 5 of season 2. Also looks like he might be Dr Frankenstein. The producers have left us little clues throughout season 1 as to who he was and all fingers point to Dr. F .

I had missed this in July but its a dating video for Storybrooke Residents. Doesn't ruin anything I just thought it was cute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Xr4ZH5YXbg

16. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Oh I could totally see that!

17. DevdogAZ

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Except that how does that fit into the world of fairy tales?

18. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I liked it.
    I thought it was a good set up for the next arc.

It will be interesting to see Snow and Emma in the other realm.

19. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Oh well there's that then. Spoil sport!

20. Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Active Member

Jan 19, 2005
    high desert...
    Regina sad that they haven't returned to fairy tale land because IT'S GONE! I fully suspect that Rumple has always had contingency, within contingency, within contingency, SO he will have a way to reset the whole thing when the time comes.

Man, he reminds me NOTHING of his character in Stargete Universe.