1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Once Upon A Time 1/06/13

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by mdougie, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Jan 6, 2013 #1 of 13
    mdougie

mdougie New Member

Mar 9, 2009
    I felt quite sad for Regina. Emma has the I can tell if your lying super power so she should have held more firmly to her belief, but I can see how she doesn't really trust her instincts at the moment.

Rumple has Emma set up for a favor and now whatever the consequence for using magic is.

Snow and Charming in Story Brooke are just kinda pathetic.

Who died?

Also, way to give major spoilers with the previews next week ABC.

2. Jan 6, 2013 #2 of 13
    obixman

obixman Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Houston
    I don't think I've ever heard of execution by arrow squad and at about 10 feet at that......

I mean royalty is executed by beheading by sword - nobles by Ax. Commoners by hanging, traitors by hanging drawing and quartering.....

but------

arrow squad?????

3. Jan 6, 2013 #3 of 13
    Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    Raking leaves
    There must have been a new makeup artist- I could not get past Mary Margaret's sharpie eyebrows and Emma's mismatched eyelashes.
    Even the Evil Queen looked less than stunning.

4. Jan 6, 2013 #4 of 13
    mdougie

mdougie New Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Regina in Storybrooke is the fairest of them all.

5. Jan 7, 2013 #5 of 13
    murgatroyd

murgatroyd Don't stop believin'

Jan 5, 2002
    Berkeley CA
    Ugh, another stupid plot.

I like the cast, but what a waste.

6. Jan 7, 2013 #6 of 13
    loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    Even Charming was wearing lipstick. ;)

7. Jan 7, 2013 #7 of 13
    Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    Raking leaves
    Nah, I think his must be tattooed on :D

8. Jan 8, 2013 #8 of 13
    Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I kind of enjoyed the episode. It actually held my interest the whole way through. I thought Emma looked horrible in the episode, like she hasn't slept in a week.

And could someone tell Snow (I can't remember the actress name) or her hairdresser, that, if she's supposed to be the glamorous princess, that boy's haircut just doesn't work.

And I'm noticing the scar above Reginia's lip more and more.

9. Jan 8, 2013 #9 of 13
    tiassa

tiassa Me --Avatar

Jul 2, 2008

Two Words. Saint Sebastian!

10. obixman

obixman Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Houston
    Saint Sabastian - D 288 CE.

A little early compared to the feudal period of the show (I can't believe I'm actually discussing the authenticity of a show who's current major plot point is the presence/absence of fairy dust!)

And (I didn't know this - thanks Wikipedia) the arrows didn't kill him.

11. tiassa

tiassa Me --Avatar

Jul 2, 2008
    As you say it isn't like the history of technology in Fairy Tale Land directly parallels that of our world, so "Arrow Firing Squad" may have been the preferred method or executing traitors, and maybe since the time of St Sebastian they improved the technique.

A series of books that I read used the "Executioner's Star" -- your head and limbs were tied down and cut off one by one. If the executioner (or person who ordered it) was merciful they started with the head and then went around to the limbs, if not they started with the limbs.

12. obixman

obixman Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Houston
    ..and of course if you were burned to death, your family/friends paid off the executioner to use green wood so you died of lack of oxygen rather than burned to death.

Our ancestors were really good at coming up with painful ways to kill someone.

13. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Sheesh, I can't believe we are arguing the validity of an arrow firing squad in FAIRYTALE LAND!! A place that has talking crickets and magic spells and a blue fairy. :) Maybe in FAIRYTALE Land that's just how they did things :)