1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

on-line TV Guide

Discussion in 'TiVo Suggestion Avenue' started by mangurian, Oct 23, 2012.

1. mangurian

mangurian New Member

Sep 18, 2012
    I would like to know how one of TIVO's (potentially) best advantages is so badly executed. The web TV guide on the TIVO site is a great idea which is so poorly executed that it is almost useless.

- God-awful slow. Jumping to a channel gives you time for a cup of coffee.
    Decidedly inferior programming to make it so slow.

- Doesn't tell you if a show is new or repeat.

- Doesn't allow you to edit out channels you don't receive.

- Doesn't have a "favorite channels" feature.

2. EvilMidniteBombr

EvilMidniteBombr what bomz at midnite

May 25, 2006
    Parts...
    If you're logged into the TiVo website, it filters out the channels you don't get but not the ones that you've removed from your channel list. For example, I don't have HBO or any other movie channels on my cable plan and they aren't on the online guide. I removed all the digital and analog channels that I have available in HD but they are still shown in the online guide.

All that other stuff, I can't help you with.

3. mangurian

mangurian New Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Unfortunately, My guide shows ALL channels available from my provider. I pay for channels 2 through 78 and 401 through 491, but all the 200's and 300's and all above 491 show up. In other words it shows what I would get if I paid a few hundred bucks a month for everything available.

Thanks for the info though.

4. EvilMidniteBombr

May 25, 2006
    Parts...
    Wish I could help you then. Sorry.

5. javabird

javabird Active Member

Oct 12, 2006
    Seattle

Mine shows *all* the channels for my cable provider, too, even the premium channels I don't subscribe to. I have a TivoHD, so maybe you need to have a Premiere to get the more advanced options.

6. EvilMidniteBombr

May 25, 2006
    Parts...
    The online guide that I was looking at was for my TiVoHD. But we do have a Premiere on the same account.

It may be your cable provider. I'm using Comcast.

7. waynomo

waynomo My One Time TCF Club

Nov 9, 2002
    Seven...
    It is not slow for me. Do you use the "Jump to Channel" on the upper left? That is very quick. If I use the down arrow at the bottom there is some lag, but not unbearable.

I am using Chrome.

I can't help with the other issues. Those are definite deficiencies.