1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

On demand plays 2 seconds then stops.

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by btwyx, Jun 2, 2012.

1. btwyx

btwyx Substantive Member

Jan 16, 2003
    Mountain...
    I'm having a problem with Comcast on demand on one of my premiers. On of the Premiers (the Elite) is working fine, the other one (the XL) can't play anything on demand. When I try to play a show it starts up for a couple of seconds then stops.

After it stops I can FFwd, skip etc and the timeline works, just the picture never changes. I can pick up from where I should have been watching on the other machine, so Comcast knows about what I'm doing on the XL.

I thought I'd seen a thread with a similar problem, but I can't find it at the moment.

Any suggestions? Or should I just call TiVo tech support. The XL was very reluctant to get on demand in the first place, I had to ring TiVo tech support and they had to do something, and on demand arrived sometime later. I haven't used the XL since then (we've been out of the country). So this is the first time I've actually tried to use on demand on that machine. (On the Elite it worked first time with no hassles.)

2. jonbig

jonbig New Member

Sep 22, 2003
    The cablecard for the TiVo that fails after 2 seconds is not paired properly. Keep going back to XFinity tech support until they get someone who can pair it properly.

3. xbr23

xbr23 New Member

Mar 29, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    so, should On Demand work with all Premiers and all cable providers? i thought On Demand would not work with Tivo's?

4. btwyx

btwyx Substantive Member

Jan 16, 2003
    Mountain...
    Its being rolled out, the first market is Comcast in the SF Bay Area. That's here.

Other providers and places, its not expected to work.

5. btwyx

btwyx Substantive Member

Jan 16, 2003
    Mountain...
    They certainly look paired, it gets all the HBO channels, which is usually what improper pairing affects.

Is there anything in the cable card screens which would shed more light on this?

6. pmalolepsy

pmalolepsy New Member

Mar 29, 2009
    I'm having the same issue. Did you, or anybody else ever figure out what the issue is with this?

7. boityler

boityler New Member

Dec 28, 2012
    I'm having the exact same issue and can't find a solution. Everything I look at on the Tivo says it's paired properly ... anyone find a solution?

8. JulienPDX

JulienPDX New Member

Mar 2, 2004
    Portland,...
    I just had this problem and had it fixed by calling the CableCARD Activation hotline @ Comcast. 1-877-405-2298

I just moved to a different market (thankfully with the same equipment as my previous market) and for whatever reason, the "work order" for my services was never completely processed--the result: I had all my channels but ONDemand would only work for a few seconds then stop (picture).

The rep reprocessed my work order and "finished it out"..after this I've had no issues with OnDemand.