1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Older HD series 3

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by jttehall, Jul 27, 2013.

1. jttehall

jttehall New Member

Apr 22, 2013
    Here's another project I've recently completed. Series 3 HD unit with no subscription. I'd like to but already have 3 lifetimes on other units. So what to do.. Bought a Revue Google TV unit. Hooked them all up and of course no guide data. But searching for something using the google TV and changing channels works great. There is an app which gives you a guide but it's kind of glitchy. Of course the only thing you can do with the TiVo is pause for half an hour. Which comes in handy.

2. heyted

heyted New Member

Mar 4, 2012
    South Florida
    I agree overall it works great. Why is the app glitchy? Which app are you referring to? Do you have the Quick Guide enabled so when you hit the guide button it opens the Quick Guide screen overlay instead of trying to start the TiVo guide? The PrimeTime, Quick Guide and BuddyTV Guide apps work great on my Vizio Co-Star to change the channel on my Premiere without TiVo service.

3. jttehall

jttehall New Member

Apr 22, 2013
    I've tried Buddy TV. The revue is under powered so it doesn't work very smoothly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2