1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old YouTube interface is back!

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by inahaz, Sep 27, 2012.

1. inahaz

inahaz New Member

Feb 22, 2008
    I thought this deserved its own thread. Hope this is here to stay. I just noticed it tonight. My iPad now works! (No space bar or backspace issues.)

Thank you TiVo.

2. hasservision

hasservision TiVo Tinkerer

Jul 16, 2007
    Pacifica, CA
    What do you mean the old interface is back?
    Does it add a "watch-later" menu?

3. compnurd

compnurd Active Member

Oct 6, 2011
    I still have the new one? Not sure what is up with yours

4. inahaz

inahaz New Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Hum... My software version is 20.2.1.2-01-2-758.

5. compnurd

compnurd Active Member

Oct 6, 2011
    Same here.. Still have the HD youtube interface

6. inahaz

inahaz New Member

Feb 22, 2008
    This is interesting. I checked my display menu settings and somehow it had switched to SD menus. I switched it to HD and the HD new YouTube interface came back. Switched it back to SD... Old YouTube app reappeared.

Looks like it was due to my menu display settings, but it has taught me I can switch back and forth.

7. Madoc Owain

Madoc Owain New Member

Jan 10, 2004
    Indianapolis...
    Didn't the old SD interface go away a year ago? I wonder if someone screwed up somewhere. The NetFlix interface is also the one from wayback, and it will not work. If you switch the menus to HD, things are back to normal.

8. compnurd

compnurd Active Member

Oct 6, 2011
    No you still have the option to switch between SD and HD

9. Madoc Owain

Madoc Owain New Member

Jan 10, 2004
    Indianapolis...
    I think you misunderstood.. I meant the OLD SD interface, not the SD interface we've been using the last what, year or so? is back. TiVo support just confirmed this is a known issue and they are working to resolve.

10. compnurd

compnurd Active Member

Oct 6, 2011
    hmm ok. I still have the new interface on both of my boxes

11. Johnwashere

Johnwashere Member

Sep 17, 2005
    Columbus, Ohio
    I still have the new youtube interface and I about a week ago when I played with it, I was able to now play vevo videos!!!!! This is HUGE for me. When the app first launched I wasnt able to play ANY vevo videos, and I always play music videos when I have people over on the weekends. I kept my google tv just because it was able to do this. I might just be able to finally get rid of my google tv. :up: :) :up:

12. hasservision

hasservision TiVo Tinkerer

Jul 16, 2007
    Pacifica, CA
    Um, ok, I checked my Youtube last night and my Video on Demand menu is also back to the old school. It's the old green screen and doesn't have the Hulu Plus on it, and the Netflix and Youtube apps are the old version as well. I tried to use Netflix and it gave me some message stating a network error.
    Has to be a bug...
    Hulu Plus still lives on my Tivo though under the Photos, Music and games section...
    Weeeeeird.