That email to We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com, as it turned out, was useful as well. I just got a call back from someone in Executive escalation (or something like that - I didn't quite catch the full name). He told me that he added the data for CableCard #2 to my account (which I had provided in my email). He specifically mentioned adding the Unit number and Data number that I provided from the Tivo. Granted, this isn't needed any more - but what that bit told me is THERE IS A WAY for those who need help. I told him about the tech visit, of course, so that we don't have the account scrambled, and so that he isn't doing a bunch of extra work. He also indicated to me that CableCard issues were common for him to work on and that they are aware of the support issues. He also gave me $20/month off for the next 6 months to compensate for the 2 years of hassle that this Card #2 business has put me through. Me, I was just impressed that someone called me back (same day no less), and that they acted proactively on the technical detail I gave them in the email. Now that I've got it fixed... hope this info helps someone else.