I live in the Portland, OR area. At the end of December we decided to bite the bullet and upgrade our entertainment systems. As part of this upgrade we purchased two home theater series 3 HD Tivos. Once I had made the purchase I contacted Comcast to determine which package we were interested in purchasing and what our monthly service fee would be. In our area, until March 31st, Comcast is offering a $39 a month Digital Preferred Special including HBO (after the first three months the cost jumps to $65.84 a month plus $15.99 a month for HBO). The CSR told me I could not receive this special since I was currently paying more for our expanded basic cable. After getting no where with her and being told my expenses would increase to over $100 a month I finally ended the call and then went ahead and booked the cable card install on the internet (at the special price). Booking via the internet brings you to a Live Chat session at the end. I very specifically informed the CSR that I would need four cable cards for two different machines. He told me that was noted in my work order and then abruptly ended my live chat session before I had had all of my questions. Two weeks later I contacted Comcast by phone only to discover that they had me down for an install, but not for cable cards. After spending about an hour on the phone with this CSR I was informed that my order was all set to go for today (January 23rd) and it would actually cost me less than what I expected. She was actually very helpful and I felt fairly positive that the installer would show up with at least four cards. However, having read through the 160+ pages of complaints I was not looking forward to this visit. Even though our HD TVs will not arrive until next week, I had plugged in our new Tivos, had run guided set-up and everything has been working for about two weeks. When the installer arrived today, on-time, I asked her if she would like to use the instructions I had printed off from the Tivo website. She said she would really appreciate that since this was only her second cable card install with a Tivo. I read the instructions to her and we went through step by step. We did run into a little glitch with the first card - we found out she had to call in the serial number first (before installing the card). It did take several minutes for the Host / Data screen to appear, but then everything went smoothly. She was told to call back once the host / data screen came up but then the "office tech" remained on the phone with her through the installation of all four cards. Both the installer and office tech thought that I only needed two cards, but I insisted that I needed all four (even though they are M-cards). We discussed the fact that sometimes the cards do not work so she had actually brought along two spare cards. I have re-run guided set-up and currently everything looks great on both systems. I still have the cable split directly to the TV too so I can receive the expanded basic channels on the TV, providing me with a third tuner for the lower channels (until we go all digital at the end of the year). I am being charged $1.79 per month for the second cable card in each unit. I am also being charged $6.99 for an additional outlet fee. These costs were expected and well explained to me by the CSR I talked with earlier this month. I am keeping my fingers crossed that everything will continue to work well and my bill will be correct. However at this point I feel very pleased with my installation experience.