1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Buckeye Cablesystem CableCARD thread

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by Unfocused, Jan 27, 2007.

1. Unfocused

Unfocused New Member

Jan 24, 2007
    Buckeye Cablesystem wanted $100 EACH for installation of CableCARDs. For an existing customer, with an existing, active, fully paid on time account in good standing for over 8 years!

Fortunately my area is served by two cable companies, and I was able to switch to Time Warner, and got a 1 year $10/month reduction in my bill for switching, which more than paid for the $20 each they charged to install.

I spoke to customer service, and then spoke to a manager over the phone, looking for someone to make any effort at all to keep my as a Buckeye Cablesystem customer, but they insisted that $100 each was the installation fee, and they couldn't do anything for me. I asked if there was a company officer I could contact, but I was told "no", and that they had no retention plans for people thinking of jumping ship to Time Warner.

Well, when I brought my cable boxes and cable modem in to the office to cancel, the customer service rep at the counter said I should have spoken to a Mr. Carstensen, Vice President in charge of Customer Satisfaction. I asked how I should know to talk to him, but she didn't have an answer.

She insisted that Mr. Carstensen would have made things right for me.
    I told her I'd contact him and see what he offered. I haven't done that yet. I will be in touch with him to tell him exactly why I switched.

Quite frankly, at this point, I'm glad I switched. Time Warner Cable has a few more channels, a lower price, and I also switched to AT&T DSL while I was changing, so my overall cable & internet bill has dropped from $110 a month to $68. The only drawback is I now use rabbit ears stuck behind the TV to get FOX in HD (works great!), and a couple of the analog channels have slight interference on them now and then. TW says they're fixing that in late February.

Maybe this post will help other Buckeye Cablesystem customers who don't want to pay $200 for installation of CableCARDs.

2. bidger

bidger New Member

Mar 30, 2001
    Elmira, NY
    Did you ask the TWC rep about Switched Digital Video?

3. Ben_Jamin75

Ben_Jamin75 New Member

Dec 18, 2003
    Toledo, OH
    Anyone know if Buckeye has M-cards?

4. Ben_Jamin75

Ben_Jamin75 New Member

Dec 18, 2003
    Toledo, OH
    I e-mailed buckeye about M-Cards & the install fee.
    They do have M-Cards, and they say they are only charging the install fee per trip, not per card.

First reply
    my reply
    Then I got a reply from the CSR & Level 2.