1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Off-Air + CableCard setup possible?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by mkinn, Jan 25, 2014.

1. mkinn

mkinn New Member

May 15, 2002
    Birmingham,...
    Does the Premiere allow OTA channels while using the CableCard and if so how? It has 2 coax connectors on back, one for each. It says channel scanning is not possible with my present setup.

2. tatergator1

tatergator1 Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    Yes, it's absolutely possible. You have to re-do Guided Setup and choose both Cable and OTA. To redo Guided setup, go to Settings -> Channels -> Channel List -> press the enter button.

3. jim7707

jim7707 New Member

Aug 29, 2012
    I'm thinking of doing the same with my Premier XL. If I do this, would I lose all of the cable setup info? In other words, would I have call the cable company again and go through the complete setup of the box and tuning adapter like when I first setup the box? I wouldn't mind having to go through the channel setup again but don't want to have to set the whole box up from scratch as it was a rather painful process the first time around.

4. BigJimOutlaw

BigJimOutlaw Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Won't be necessary by just redoing Guided Setup. The card will still be paired.

5. jim7707

jim7707 New Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Thanks Jim.