1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nurse Jackie: Season 4 Thread (2012)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by astrohip, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Apr 8, 2012 #1 of 18
    astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston &...
    Good start to the season. I thought last season (S3) was the weakest one so far, with Jackie becoming a very unsympathetic character. Which made it challenging to watch, or care about her.

This season is already off to a better start. Be interesting to see how rehab goes. And Akalitus will be working the floor. That should be worth the price of admission alone.

2. Apr 9, 2012 #2 of 18
    crazywater

crazywater USS TiVo NCC-1780

Mar 7, 2001
    USA
    I've never found easy to be sympathetic or care about her. Glad to see her finally getting what she deserves. And finally her husband knows the truth.

3. KRS

KRS Mmm...invisible cola

Jan 30, 2002
    Franklin, MA
    The hospital having new owners is an interesting dynamic for the show.

I thought the time in rehab could have been done a lot more interestingly. And I did not like how she ratted out both the green haired kid and Kelly Slater (is this a surfing reference?). At least she fessed up to the kid in rehab, but to get Slater into that much hot water rather than talking to him directly was pretty awful. Especially since she was right there with him stealing stuff from the hospital. He was not one of the inner circle who knew what Disneyland was after all.

Watching the two girls playing a dance game on the Wii with headphones on was weird. I said to my wife "why are the kids wearing headphones to play that game," and she wisely replied "so they can have this scene." :)

Sorry, I did not know that On Demand had unaired episodes. Watched three episodes from S4. Spoiler tags added.

4. john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    KRS:

I think you are talking about episodes that have not officially been broadcast yet. I don't think being available on-demand counts, according to TCF rules (correct me if I'm wrong)

5. mcb08

mcb08 Hoya for life!!

Mar 10, 2006
    The 6ix
    He must be, because I have no clue what he's talking about :p Please delete/add spoiler tags.

6. tiassa

tiassa Me --Avatar

Jul 2, 2008
    I agree, please spoilerize

7. voripteth

voripteth User Advocate

Apr 9, 2003
    And the kids were clearly using a Kinect on Xbox, not a Wii. :eek:

8. astrohip

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston &...
    I'm glad it's him and not me. I kept thinking, "what did I miss, how do I not remember that?"

There are no official rules for season threads, but the unofficial ones are you can post anything from any episode that has aired in a normal fashion in the US. VOD, torrents, sneaks, etc are not allowed. At least until they air.

9. mcb08

mcb08 Hoya for life!!

Mar 10, 2006
    The 6ix
    That's a good point. A mod should update the sticky to include season threads.

10. astrohip

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston &...
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...d-season-5-showtime_n_1558782.html?ref=topbar

11. astrohip

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston &...
    And another take on it...

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-wa...ackie-for-season-5-hires-ex-dexter-showrunner

12. astrohip

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston &...
    Great ending to the season. First season I've enjoyed in at least two years.

:up:

13. john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Yes, good season and good ending. Although I was kind of expecting something to happen to "god" there at the end, fall through the roof or something. Wasn't there supposed to be a problem with the roof?

14. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Great season but since when is this show's season only 10 episodes instead of 12? Did we know this before?

15. MegaHertz67

MegaHertz67 Registered Smart Ass

Apr 18, 2005
    Miami
    I like Jackie when she is full of fight. Last season when she was the victim, it seemed to neuter the show's energy. Everything was happening to and around Jackie instead of Jackie making everything happen. This season she regained her footing and became a force again.

The problem with the roof was the electrical wiring was causing problems with the power tools. Like the nail gun that went off without being operated.

As long as god didn't use the electricity, he would be safe. I liked his Vitruvian Jackie, but it looked like it was painted on a big cloth. I thought he was doing chalk on the sidewalk out front.

16. MegaHertz67

MegaHertz67 Registered Smart Ass

Apr 18, 2005
    Miami
    I was disappointed it was over so quickly. Especially since the last two episodes were so good.

17. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    So yeah, this season was awesome. The finale was stressful. I want to like Dr Cruz and technically he was not wrong to fire Gloria or Eddie. At all. Yeah, he's an ass but he did try it her way for awhile. His biggest flaw IMO was his lack of attention to his kid. I was so sad to see Charlie go because I liked the character. If Cruz is back next season, what does that mean for all those fired right now, including Jackie? I'm curious where this will go so I'll definitely be tuning back in. I was thinking of giving up after last season so I'm really glad I didn't.

18. robojerk

robojerk Active Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    I was thinking the same thing. I did a marathon of this season (now that normal TV is a vast wasteland) and found myself to actually enjoying it more than I thought and not due to just poor expectations.
    If Cruz is still there next season, Gloria and Eddie will probably still be gone as Cruz had every right to fire them. Jackie has the potential to fight for her job back, he had nurses under staffed to the point where it may have violated their union contract. Her hiring temps was wrong, but could at least be justified and since he had a heart attack she could at least make the excuse that there was no one there to tell her no.