1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nothing is actually recording on new drive

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by iWish, Sep 17, 2012.

1. iWish

iWish New Member

May 15, 2005
    With the help of this board (thanks again!) I got a replacement drive into my broken Tivo Premiere with lifetime and I thought all was well.

Problem is that while cable card has paired and tivo lifetime service is recognized, nothing is actually recording.

Everythign is normal but when you record a show it doesn't actually record and show up in the Now Playing list.

Any ideas? Have rebooted several times and changed the name of my tivo on tivo.com.

Thanks.

2. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Refresh our memories.

How did you aquire the new hard drive and how was it prepared with the TiVo software?

If the image on that new hard drive did not come from *your* Tivo, a Clear & Delete Everything will be necessary so that the new hard drive gets matched to the motherboard's TSN.

3. iWish

iWish New Member

May 15, 2005
    I purchased a $50 refurbished tivo from 1saleaday to replace drive with the same model number. (This board saved me from purchasing a used XL for the same purpose.)

I have not tried the clear and delete everything option so will give that a go tonight.

Thanks.

4. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    I see. A clear & delete should set things straight.
    The fact that it *sort of worked* at first is a good sign.

5. iWish

iWish New Member

May 15, 2005
    Clear & Delete and a call to the cable company to re-pair the cable cards did the trick.

Thanks!

6. tvmaster2

tvmaster2 Active Member

Sep 9, 2006
    how long did it take to clear and delete your new drive, and how big is the drive?