1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not Using Tuning Adapters - Am I missing anything

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by rfcarpentier, Feb 4, 2013.

1. rfcarpentier

rfcarpentier New Member

Mar 5, 2009
    I currently have 2 Cisco Tuning Adapters on my account and I am not using them. From what I can tell I am getting all of my channels that I am paying for.

Am I missing something or should simply return them to Cablevision the next time I am in the area of there Customer Center.

I am in the New Haven CT system.

2. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach New Member

Feb 28, 2001
    Drexel Hill, PA
    If they gave you tuning adapters then there are probably some channels you are paying for that you won't get without them. They may very well be channels you don't care about. Cablevision should be able to tell you what channels they are.

3. rfcarpentier

rfcarpentier New Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Ok, Thanks. In the past when Cablevision was both analog and digital a lot of channels like Palladia were SDV so I needed to have it. Never got it to work properly. I think I swapped at least 4 Cable Cards before my first Premiere work. The Tivo HD had 3. Now that they are all digital in my area and Palladia is a normal channel. I will check with them the next time I call them. Hopefully they will be able to answer my question.

4. dssxxxx

dssxxxx New Member

Nov 11, 2003
    SWF
    I pay for all channels (all the packages from Cablevision) and found out I was not getting about 9 channels in the premium packages.

Installed the tuning adaptors and got the channels.

5. rfcarpentier

rfcarpentier New Member

Mar 5, 2009
    dssxxxx,

Do you happen to know what channels they are. If not I can call CV and ask them.

Thanks.