1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not recording -- "Someone modified the season pass?!?!"

Discussion in 'DirecTV Receiver with TiVo' started by islander, Dec 18, 2006.

1. Dec 18, 2006 #1 of 862
    islander

islander New Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Woodbridge, VA
    My DirecTiVo has lost a bunch of items from the to do list.

I just checked, and there's maybe 10 shows being recorded in the next 7 days.

I happened to notice it because NewsRadio was supposed to be recording at 1pm on TBS, but it wasn't. I went into the to do list, and it wasn't listed there, so I looked in the Recording History and saw it said:
    It's reporting that for a number of other shows, too, like Good Eats and Mythbusters. I didn't modify any season passes lately (and no one else lives here) so I don't know how that could happen.

Furthermore, when I look at NewsRadio's season pass (or several other shows) it reports "No Programs were Found," even though the guide itself shows NewsRadio as being on every day on TBS at 1pm.

It also claims there are no upcoming episodes of Mythbusters when I look in its season pass, even though I can see in the guide that there's episodes on Wednesday night at 9 pm, 11 pm, and 1 am (among others).

Evidently, it hasn't lost all the episodes of some shows -- it claims that Jeopardy! is only on tonight (12/18), 12/22, 12/25, and 12/26, although the guide reports it as being on every weekday like normal.

Anyone ever seen anything like this? I tried restarting, but that didn't help.

2. Dec 18, 2006 #2 of 862
    phox_mulder

phox_mulder I get paid 2watch TV

Feb 23, 2006
    Salt Lake...
    I've seen that when the guide data changed within 12 hours of the recording.

I.E. Network put in a rerun instead of a new episode, changed the start time from 9:00 to 9:01, dropped the program entirely and stuck in something else.

It's as if the TiVo isn't quite done indexing the new guide data, so it isn't quite sure what to do with a program, so it covers it's rear by saying someone in the household messed up.

I know that no one in my household did anything, as I am the only one that uses the TiVo's.

I've taken to checking the ToDo list when I'm done watching for the evening.
    Making sure everything is going to record, checking why things aren't going to.
    I've caught a number of missed recordings before they were missed this way.

phox

3. Dec 18, 2006 #3 of 862
    islander

islander New Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Woodbridge, VA
    Thanks....

Maybe it is just re-indexing or something, because I just went back and checked MythBusters' season pass and now it says "there are 31 upcoming episodes" where before there were none listed.

None are scheduled to record, yet, but maybe they will pop back in soon. Fingers crossed.

4. Dec 18, 2006 #4 of 862
    Jumi

Jumi New Member

Sep 27, 2003
    Same thing here (Cleveland locals). Random missing SP stuff in the To Do List - all NBC. All future "Evening News" missing but I could enter them individually manually. Put in an SP for "Identity" and it only found Tues and Thurs this week. Had to enter Mon, Wed and Fri manually. "Leno" missing Wed, Th and Fri this week. Entered manually. Weird! When I checked for future episodes none were there even though they are all in the guide. Better check To Do daily!!!

5. Dec 18, 2006 #5 of 862
    islander

islander New Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Woodbridge, VA
    I'm checking my to do list now and it looks like everything is back in place.

Weird.

6. Dec 18, 2006 #6 of 862
    petersweston

petersweston Tivos cool Man

Nov 2, 2006
    Weston, Fla
    Gremlins :eek:

7. Dec 18, 2006 #7 of 862
    Jumi

Jumi New Member

Sep 27, 2003
    Not back here!

8. Dec 18, 2006 #8 of 862
    Sartori

Sartori New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Hello

Yes mines been messed up too. It didn't record the season finale of survivor but recorded the reunion. I caught it in time and got the later feed though. It also said that somebody modified the season pass. And it was scheduled to record earlier in the day.

I'm also showing like 20 dirty jobs and 20 mythbusters coming up, which doesn't make any sesnse either because their all on one day......

9. Dec 18, 2006 #9 of 862
    phox_mulder

Feb 23, 2006
    Salt Lake...
    Discovery Channel is showing all Mythbusters, all the time on Christmas Day.

phox

10. Dec 18, 2006 #10 of 862
    Sartori

Sartori New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Sorry I guess I should have added that I have set on First Run only......

11. Dec 18, 2006 #11 of 862
    islander

islander New Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Woodbridge, VA
    Dirty Jobs and Mythbusters both have some shows listed without description -- I know they're having a fan poll on Discovery.com to decide what episodes of DJ to air on Christmas Eve.

I assume since it doesn't have a show description yet, the season pass thinks they're new.

12. Dec 18, 2006 #12 of 862
    Sartori

Sartori New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Okay that makes sense then:)

13. Dec 18, 2006 #13 of 862
    balboa dave

balboa dave well rounded

Jan 19, 2004
    Newport...
    Same thing happened to me today. I had to re-enter dozens of shows, and missed a couple of recordings. And these were shows on the ToDo list last night. Different units having the same indexing error is not a coincidence. Something screwed up, and it had to have come from DirecTV.

14. Dec 18, 2006 #14 of 862
    jca

jca Designer

Jun 5, 2001
    Huntsville AL
    I have the same problem as well. The CBS Evening News didn't record tonight with the same error. When looking at the guide, the show is there, but when selecting "View Upcoming Episodes" it gives a "No Upcoming Showings" screen (which is obviously wrong).

Deleting the Season Pass and re-adding it does not fix it.

Restarting the DirecTivo does not fix it.

Anyone have other ideas?

15. Dec 18, 2006 #15 of 862
    phox_mulder

Feb 23, 2006
    Salt Lake...
    This is looking more and more like corrupt guide data from DirecTV.

phox

16. Dec 18, 2006 #16 of 862
    OLdDog

OLdDog Reformed Druid

Dec 15, 2001
    I had the same issue on my series 2 DTiVo but both my series 1 DTiVos seemed fine. Virtually none of my WLs were finding any programs but most were in the guide. Even a search by title did not find the missing programs.

I rebooted the series 2 and there was no changes. After about an hour I rechecked and some of the programs were back and within 4 hours or so virtually all the programs were back in the WL searches.

I believe that there was a glitch of some kind in the DTV guide data and then it was corrected and it took some time for my DTiVo to reindex the data.

What I do not know or have a good way to explain is why the SPs/ARWLs reported the reason "Someone altered the SP". What I would have expected is "The program is no longer in the guide."

Whatever the actual reason it seemed to only affect my series 2 and all is OK now

17. Dec 18, 2006 #17 of 862
    Jumi

Jumi New Member

Sep 27, 2003
    Same experience as JCA. No fix but to manually reenter individual episodes. As of now nothing is back here.

18. Dec 18, 2006 #18 of 862
    chrishicks

chrishicks Tivo Junkie

Dec 30, 2003
    MI
    I lost my entire list of shows for this week. I just finished re-entering them all manually.

19. Dec 19, 2006 #19 of 862
    lmk911

lmk911 New Member

Dec 17, 2000
    Northern...
    I am having the same problem with one of my R10s and my HR10-250. I get the “season pass was modified” or “no upcoming episodes” message on some of my season passes.

20. Dec 19, 2006 #20 of 862
    SLACer

SLACer New Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Menlo Park, CA
    Same problem here. Wishlists and Season Passes mostly show no upcoming episodes. Can search by time and channel just fine. Manual recording requests work. Looks like only a small portion of the program guide database is searchable.

Talked to 5 service reps at DirecTV before one of them was able to find a statement that this issue arises with the latest software roll-out. They will release a software version on beginning on 19 December that they hope will fix the problem.