1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

normal for tivo to lock up when internet is lost?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by newsposter, Jul 27, 2012.

1. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    i have severe internet issues which are unresolved. everytime dsl goes down the tivo locks up. is this normal behavior? takes about 2 or 3 minutes for it to unlock then it's fun to watch it 'catch up' with all the button presses:eek:

2. jrtroo

jrtroo User

Feb 4, 2008
    Well, normal implies that is the way its supposed to work. I'm sure tivo did not have that as a feature on their requirements docs, but its not an unheard of situation.

3. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    If you use SDUI instead you won't get any lockups due to internet related issues.

4. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    ive been doign this for 2 months now...definitely a huge difference. i just wish there was a space bar somewhere on the screen, have to turn back sometimes to see how much space is left and could take a few min until it turns back

5. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    No it isn't normal. When I release my IP on my router, my TiVos only come up with a message saying the connection is lost. The don't lock up on me. I can still use it fine to access my shows, the guide, and Season passes.