1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Non-TiVo AV Question

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by atmuscarella, Nov 23, 2013.

1. atmuscarella

atmuscarella Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Rochester NY
    Hello all,

So as you can see from my post I have a 5 year old Panasonic TV. When I turn on my Netgear Neo TV streaming device my TV auto switches to that input. This does not happen for anything else I own, including a Denon receiver, Roku, Western Digital Live streaming device, HTPC,, older Panasonic Blu-ray player and of course my 4 TiVos. Most of my stuff is actually connected directly to the Denon receiver but I tested everything (except the TiVos which do not have an on/off) plugged into an HDMI port on my TV and the only thing that does this is the Netgear Neo TV.

Can someone tell me what this function is and why it only works with the Netgear Neo TV?

Thanks!

2. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    This is a feature of HDMI. The Chromecast does the same thing. You could probably disable it in the HDMI setup section of your TV. Try disabling CEC.