1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Non-RID unit card transfer problem

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by codespy, Jun 7, 2007.

1. codespy

codespy Go A-Rod (Packers)

Jan 6, 2006
    Packerland, USA
    Experiencing a new problem. When I transfer my access card from my Sony A55 to my HDVR2, I usually can call DTV from my home phone or cell phone through automated system and say 721 or 722 to re-marry the card. Not working anymore.
    The automated system shoots me over to customer service every time. My home phone # is listed on the account. I have tried home and cell phone, said 721, 722, 711, 726, ext. 721, ext. 722, resend signal, and no success through the automated system.

I get a periodic clicking from DTV then get transferred to customer service. Are they tightening up policy or what?

Or is there something else I can try without having to speak with a CSR?

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    You're lucky it was working before. DirecTV's policy now is that you need to speak with a CSR to move access cards.

3. codespy

codespy Go A-Rod (Packers)

Jan 6, 2006
    Packerland, USA
    Actually, not true. The automated system on my dad's account still resends signal by saying 721. I must have just done it too much on my account. On their website though, use this link and hit the 'clicking here' on the page where it says solutions, and you can refresh any particular receiver on your account. Something new I never saw before.

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPage.jsp?assetId=1300015