1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Usage Meter

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Husker Mike, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Husker Mike

Husker Mike New Member

Jun 16, 2012
    I just got a Premiere XL this week, and was excited to see in the literature that there would be a usage meter to see my hard-drive space. Problem is, in my "Shows" menu, there is no usage meter. The spot which is supposed to have this info is only a blank space. I'm wondering if I need a certain percentage of the hard drive to be full to use this feature? I have about 20 shows recorded and several "suggestions". Or maybe it doesn't exist if using SD menus? Any thoughts are welcome.
  2. MeInDallas

MeInDallas New Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Dallas, Texas
    It doesnt exist on the SD menu, only the HD menu has it.
  3. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    In the SD menus, you can check the System Information page to see the total recording capacity (displayed as hours) and how much free space is available.

4. Husker Mike

Husker Mike New Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Thank you both for the comments. Glad to know there's nothing wrong with my new Tivo.
  5. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    You can also toggle it on and off in the HD menus. Go into Options (A) on My Shows and it's the "Show available space" settings.
  6. royfernandez

royfernandez New Member

Apr 18, 2012
    You can increase the recording capacity on your TiVo too.