1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no service on two TIVOs

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by wjcraigjr, Oct 26, 2013.

1. wjcraigjr

wjcraigjr New Member

Oct 26, 2013
    How many TIVO users are affected by loss of service starting about 10/23/2013? Reps said the issue is being looked into, but can offer no time for return of service. I've had to restart the units when upgrades were made before, but never a total loss of service like this. Anybody have a better explanation as to the problem?

2. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    For some reason TiVo's servers get flaky as the holidays approach, and have for several years now, and the older the TiVo the worse it seems the problem is.

3. Whittaker

Whittaker Member

Oct 10, 2004
    Happened to one of mine after it connected with the server Friday morning. Unit is neutered, no service, as if a subscription expired. It's saying it needs to be activated.

They said they were aware of the problem and it was system-wide. I'm not chancing allowing either of my other two to connect until they fix it.